No announcement yet.

Opus3records Tape ⭕️

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the videos Oz. Really nicely done!!!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• vinylrules
      vinylrules commented
      Editing a comment
      You're so welcome Myles! It is my pleasure and the least I could do to help you share the LOVE for all things analog tape!

UPDATE:

Earlier today (well, yesterday, Friday/Sept. 6th) I shipped this Opus 3 tape along with the subsequent UHA/The Tape Project Sampler I received last friday to the next participant in line. I really enjoyed my time with both tapes and now anxiously await whatever next tape(s) are in the queue!

Oz
    LTBS/Phonogram
    Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
    Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

I just received the Opus3 and Tape Project reels from Oz.

I have 2 of the reels represented on TTP reel so I am familiar with the recordings. I thought the Clifford Brown selection (which I don’t own) was superb. Everything on the reel is excellent.

I just started spinning the Opus3 reel and I am blown away by this. The Erstrand Quartet opening number was great but it was outdone by the Ornberg and Eric Bibb blues numbers.

I don’t listen to a lot of classical music but I am enjoying these selections immensely.

This may end up costing me a lot of money...
      Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

• vinylrules
        vinylrules commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad the tapes got to you unscathed David!

Yeah I am with you regarding the Opus 3 Sampler. Actually, besides the aforementioned Ornberg and Eric Bibb tracks but I would say my absolute favorite is the "live" (last) track on the tape. The liner notes indicates this recording was done 1.5 years before Opus 3 was even born so this is pretty early on in Jan-Eric Perrson's career. It is a stunning live recording circa 1975.

I am also in agreement with you regarding the Clifford Brown track on The Tape Project/UHA Sampler. What a stunner!

Originally posted by dminches View Post
      I just received the Opus3 and Tape Project reels from Oz.

I have 2 of the reels represented on TTP reel so I am familiar with the recordings. I thought the Clifford Brown selection (which I don’t own) was superb. Everything on the reel is excellent.

I just started spinning the Opus3 reel and I am blown away by this. The Erstrand Quartet opening number was great but it was outdone by the Ornberg and Eric Bibb blues numbers.

I don’t listen to a lot of classical music but I am enjoying these selections immensely.

This may end up costing me a lot of money...
      Doesn’t it always? But the joy tapes bring more than make up for the cost.

I gotta get me one of the Eric Bibb tapes too. But which one?
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
      -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
      -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
      X