Sampler Tape Exchange Round 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sampler Tape Exchange Round 2

I am trying to make life easier on myself so here goes.

1. I am going to list all the sampler tapes available here. Anyone who is interested please respond in a comment under each tape rather than adding a new post/quote. That way there we will all have an easy to follow list and most importantly I will know where the tape is.

2. I will ship the tape to the first person on this list who will then send the sampler onto the next person on the list. Each person will be responsible for contacting the next person on the list for a shipping address. Please PM me when the tape arrives and contact me if there any issues.

3. Tapes can only be kept for a maximum of one week. We ran into issues the first round that want to avoid in the new round. Let the person who has the tape know if you aren't ready for the tape or aren't going to be around that week so other arrangements can be made in the interim.

4. It would also be great if all participating could share their reactions to each tape in the appropriate forum setup for each label. I receive a lot of emails from the companies who generously provided their sampler tape why no one has commented on their tape. I know people like them because you all send me emails about the tapes. Let your thoughts be known!

Thanks for your understanding!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Opus 3 Sampler.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Myles Astor

• Afveep
      Afveep commented
      Editing a comment
      Tom Canavan (Afveep)

• U47
      U47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rich Brown

Leslie Brooks (3 tapes).

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Myles Astor

• jcmusic
      jcmusic commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add me to this one...

• Esb
      Esb commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add me to this>

UltraAnalogue sampler tape.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Purevinyl
      Purevinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you add me to list

Danny

• U47
      U47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Add me as well.
      Thx.

• vinylrules
      vinylrules commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add

Oswaldo Martinez

The Tape Project sampler tape.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Myles Astor

• Purevinyl
      Purevinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you add me to tape project

Danny

Delmark Records Sampler tape.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Esb
      Esb commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add me to the Delmark tape.

• U47
      U47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add me to this.

• vinylrules
      vinylrules commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add

Oswaldo Martinez

Delmark Sampler Tape 7-1/2 ips, 4-Track NAB.

Don was most gracious enough to make this version of their sampler tape those who use more prosumer type decks.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• U47
      U47 commented
      Editing a comment
      This one also
      Thanks
      Rich

• vinylrules
      vinylrules commented
      Editing a comment
      Please add me to this version as well. It would be interesting to compare vs. 15ips version of the same programme

Oswaldo Martinez

Tapes were dropped off today and will go out Monday. So everyone at the top of each list should be getting their tapes later next week.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
      Delmark Records Sampler tape.
      I received this tape today from Minches and gave it a spin. It sounds very good. Honestly kind of a bummer that it’s “snippets” of songs and not complete tracks. I guess that was done as a way to sample more? But it’s a bit of a drag. Nonetheless appreciate the opportunity to check it out.

Anyway I’m making arrangements to send it to Joe.
      TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
      VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
      DIGITAL: Oppo BDP-95, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
      SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
      AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
        Leslie Brooks (3 tapes).
        I received this tape and I am waiting on Esb to respond to my PM for his address to ship them to him...

Comment

Working...
        X