Yarlung Sampler Tape!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarlung Sampler Tape!!!

Look what arrived in the mail today. Can't wait to spool the sucker up and give it a listen!

Thank you Bob for all your time and effort putting this sampler together for the board!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190405_132721.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	111960
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

I'm looking forward to hearing this one.
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Some snippets from Yarlung Records 15 ips tape sampler!

"Happenstance mov 4" from Smoke and Mirrors.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

"Media vitas" from Nostos.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

"Wade in the Water" from Lifeline: Music of the Underground Railroad (not released yet!).

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Jung-A Lee: Fantasia

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Dear Myles,

Could you please put me down in the list to receive this tape as part of your Tape Circle Project? Thanks buddy. I seriously look forward to hearing what appears to be a truly magnificent sampler.

All my best,

Oz
              Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
              Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Short Comment:

I picked up the sampler tape from Myles during our meeting at AXPONA. Last week, I listened to the sampler tape and it sounds excellent.

If you receive TAS and have Issue 290 (page 170), I go into a bit of an overview of the recording process and evaluate three of the 15ips tape offerings from Yarlung. These are wonderful sounding tapes for those that appreciate the music offerings.

Dre

P.S. The sampler tape is already in the hands of the next person on the list.
                To get on the list, if not already, Go here:
                https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...g-sampler-tape

Last edited by Dre_J; 04-26-2019, 07:46 AM. Reason: NOTE: Edited to link location of Yarlung tape sign-up list.
                Every day is a good day to play analog.
                - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
                - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
                Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

Dear Dre_J,

In the "Round 2" link you provided above there is posting for the Yarlung Sampler tape referenced in this thread. I would LOVE a chance to get this tape at some point and did put in my request in this thread which is right above your last entry.

If there is another link you'd like to provide where I can officially sign up to get this Yarlung Sampler, please let me know. Otherwise whomever the next recipient is, they can certainly contact me off this thread so I can provide them with my mailing info.

I guess I am confused because you reference "the tape is already in the hands of the next person in the list" and I am thinking... "So where is the list?" Lol

In the "Round 2" thread you posted these are the only "sign up sheets" available:

Opus 3 Sampler
                  Leslie Brooks 3 Samplers
                  UltraAnalogue Sampler
                  The Tape Project Sampler
                  Delmark Records Sampler
                  &
                  Delmark Records 7" 1/4 track NAB Sampler

Nothing for Yarlung Sampler.

All my best,

Oz
                  Let There Be Sound • President (Weston, FL)
                  Zavalinka Records • U.S. Distributor

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

• Dre_J
                    Dre_J commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oz, You are correct, The Yarlung sampler tape arrived after the Round 2 list was created. I did not remember Myles had created a separate list when I originally posted that link. I've adjusted my post above yours with the Yarlung signup link.

Dre

Correction:
                  Please enter your names in the thread. Hopefully will go out before I leave for Axpona.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• vinylrules
                    vinylrules commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the correction Myles and Dre_J

IMO, Yarlung has thrown down the gauntlet to all of the tape companies who are putting out sampler tapes for us to listen to. The Yarlung sampler tape is head and shoulders above the other sampler tapes that arrived at my door so far. Some of the sampler tapes looked like they were cobbled together from scrap pieces of tape left over from other projects. Some of them don't sound better or in some cases as good as the original LPs. Some sampler tapes cut the songs off at the end with crude fades to deter people from copying the precious sampler tape. Some of the sampler tapes come on 7" plastic reels vice 10.5" metal reels.

Yarlung uses new tape on a 10.5" metal reel. The sound quality is why you bought a R2R deck in the first place-it's outstanding. The songs are all full songs and not crudely faded at the end. Yarlung has set the bar high and I would love to hear other sampler tapes that match the quality of Yarlung.
                  SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• vinylrules
                    vinylrules commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very impressive & honest review mep! Thank you.

• MylesBAstor
                    MylesBAstor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mark is spot on. I've loved Yarlung recordings since day one. I chose two of their recordings, Smoke and Mirrors and Nostos, for PF's POY. Recordings start with the hall and mikes and Bob chooses both very carefully! Bob also uses Arian Jansen's custom made Sonorus ATR10 (http://sonorusaudio.com/ATR10_FIF7.html) tube tape deck or his recordings.

The sampler just landed a few minutes ago and I'm listening as I'm typing this now. The first three tracks are VERY impressive sounding. This is what a tape release should be! I'd put this up there with the Opus 3 tape and Folk Singer/Kije for quality. Outstanding job by Yarlung. Great value as well.

r

Comment

• mep
                    mep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad you received the tape I sent and I'm glad you feel the same way I do about it.

• vinylrules
                    vinylrules commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your comment. This is really great and I cannot wait to get my turn with this magnificent sampler!

Dear Myles,

I am thrilled people are enjoying this tape so much. Thank you for the gentle nudge (actually kind insistence) that we do this.

Much appreciated, my friend.

Best wishes and a sincere thank you,

Bob.

P.S. For any of you in the AudioNirvana forum on the west coast and interested in hearing Yuko perform Missing Miles live, she is giving a concert at Los Angeles' premiere jazz venue on June 26th: Herb Alpert's Vibrato Jazz Club. The first set is nearly full, but there are still reservations available for the second set. The number to call for reservations (after 5pm west coast time) is (310) 474-9400

P.P.S. I realize that anything digital is anathema to the serious music-ophiles on this forum. That said, Naxos Group, our label's global distributor, chose Yarlung Records to be Label of the Month in June, and created a special music give-away in honor of our extraordinary artists. Help yourself to these tracks for a few more days. Yuko is not the only person Naxos chose to honor in this way but she is one of my favorites!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X