Yarlung Sampler Tape Sign Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odyssey View Post
    It has been several days and russe41 has not responded to my entreaties for his shipping address.

Therefore Esb (next person on the list) please provide me with your mailing address. I start traveling next week so I’ve got to get this sampler tape shipped off!

LeRoy
    Tape is being shipped to Esb!

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get confirmation from ESB that he received the tape? If so, what was the date?

I would like to try it

Man Nguyen
    www.AustinAcoustic.net
    Man Nguyen
    www.AustinAcoustic.net
    4-Way Horn Speakers - Active Crossover - 8 Monoblock SET Amps

Comment

I'm interested as well!
      Tom
      TIDAL Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC, Merrill Audio & Bricasti electronics; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus D Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 with Merrill Audio Tape Preamp & Ampex electronics & Tape Project/Technics RS1500 reel-reels with Bottlehead Tube Repro Pre; Sonore Signature RenduSE Network Player; Bricasti M12 DAC/Source Controller; Ansuz Cables & Power Distribution

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC, Bricasti Design, Merrill Audio, Sonore, Ansuz, Aavik, Synergistic Research & others)

Comment

Is the Yarlung sampler tape still going around?
        Man Nguyen
        www.AustinAcoustic.net

Comment

Yes, who has the tape now? Last one apparently was ESB?

It looks like quite a few people on the list are still waiting.
          Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
          Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
          -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
          -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
          -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
          -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
          -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
          -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
          -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
          -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
          -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
          -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

On a previous Circle tape thread I was told the acceptable time to keep the tapes was between 1 or 2 days after having received them so *there goes* that gentlemen's agreement out the window!

Personally, acceptable would be saying each participant can keep the tape (or tapes) 7 to 10 days on average. 14 days max, because you know, $#[email protected] happens from time to time; people get sick, business travel, family matters, etc.

Having said all that, it appears some of these tapes have been getting "stuck" different places for months at a time without any explanation whatsoever. I know there is one tape I that according to my calculations I should have received way back in either December or January.
            Oswaldo Martinez
            President
            Let There Be Sound (Weston, FL)

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive/Koetsu Black Goldline, VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

• jonathanhorwich
              jonathanhorwich commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the real problem to begin with is lack of communication and care for the other guy. I had a tape stuck for 2 weeks and had no idea where it was as no communication from the lendee. So if the holder of the lender tape will communicate to the appropriate person, it would be smooth and he or she could say if there is a delay of more than a few days to listen to it. That would solve 90% of it.

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually I look at it differently. Having only two issues since the Tape Circle began is pretty darn good. Nothing in life is perfect.

But yes Jonathan has a point about communication. Perhaps everyone could PM me when they get a tape just to know when and that it arrived safely.

I am not sure what tape you are referring to Oswaldo since I have all of them here save for the Yarlung that is out and around six or seven people are waiting on.

• jonathanhorwich
              jonathanhorwich commented
              Editing a comment
              Point well taken Myles.

Any update with this sampler tape?
            Man Nguyen
            www.AustinAcoustic.net

Comment

I missed my turn and would like to get back in after the most recent signee, I was asleep at the controls!
              Russe41
              McIntosh MC501x2,McIntosh c2200, Innersound Eros,Von Schweikert VR4 HSE,VPI Scoutmaster w/Grado Sonata,
              Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE,Sony APR 5003,Revox B77,
              Revox B760 McIntosh MR74

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                MylesBAstor commented
                Editing a comment
                We discussed your message because we tried several times to unsuccessfully reach you. Unfortunately it would be unfair to other people who have been waiting patiently in line for the Yarlung tape to do this. We will certainly keep you on the list though to get the tape once it’s circulated.

Myles, I am pretty sure that besides this Yarlung tape there is another I never received. I am busy now so I don't have time to go look which is the other tape I've been waiting since end of last year. If by now you have ALL the tapes that ever comprised this Tape Circle project in your possession then, possibly, I simply got skipped. I will double check later what else I never got.

Having said that, we don't have to look too deep to realize the tapes have been going MIA - not just from time to time - but often and without any explanation whatsoever.

Say, for example, this Yarlung tape:

I signed up to get this tape on April 27th, and subsequently on May 19th we know that member "jcmusic" had a call out for Odyssey (aka Leroy) to get him his address.

So, now we have 5 members; Odyssey, russe41, Esb, Cohnaudio & MC-3500 in the sequence ahead of me since May 19th. Then fast forward to June 1st when Odyssey skipped russe41 for not responding in a timely fashion and the tape (or tapes) get shipped to Esb on June 4th - id so, you would think Esb would have taken delivery of this care package by say, June 10th.

But since June 4th, the last time we can conclusively locate the tape, until Myles' inquiry a week and a half ago (on July 18th), it appears the tape once again went rogue and this time for 6 to 7 weeks! Wait, what? Why? How does this even happen?

Anyway, please note today is August 1st and technically there were *only* two additional names in line to get the Yarlung tape before me in the sequence after Esb since the middle of June (since russe41 got skipped). That's 6 weeks to cover Esb and two other people. You would think that would be ample time for those folks to have had their shot before I was to receive it!? Yes?

Again, something is really amiss but I am the MOST patient guy in the world so whenever it gets here it gets here! Seriously. I am more concerned that if the got lost. That would be a real shame.
              Last edited by vinylrules; 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM.
              Oswaldo Martinez
              President

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive/Koetsu Black Goldline, VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Originally posted by vinylrules View Post
                Myles, I am pretty sure that besides this Yarlung tape there is another I never received. I am busy now so I don't have time to go look which is the other tape I've been waiting since end of last year. If by now you have ALL the tapes that ever comprised this Tape Circle project in your possession then, possibly, I simply got skipped. I will double check later what else I never got.

Having said that, we don't have to look too deep to realize the tapes have been going MIA - not just from time to time - but often and without any explanation whatsoever.

Say, for example, this Yarlung tape:

I signed up to get this tape on April 27th, and subsequently on May 19th we know that member "jcmusic" had a call out for Odyssey (aka Leroy) to get him his address.

So, now we have 5 members; Odyssey, russe41, Esb, Cohnaudio & MC-3500 in the sequence ahead of me since May 19th. Then fast forward to June 1st when Odyssey skipped russe41 for not responding in a timely fashion and the tape (or tapes) get shipped to Esb on June 4th - id so, you would think Esb would have taken delivery of this care package by say, June 10th.

But since June 4th, the last time we can conclusively locate the tape, until Myles' inquiry a week and a half ago (on July 18th), it appears the tape once again went rogue and this time for 6 to 7 weeks! Wait, what? Why? How does this even happen?

Anyway, please note today is August 2nd and technically there were *only* two additional names in line to get the Yarlung tape before me in the sequence after Esb since the middle of June (since russe41 got skipped). That's 6 weeks to cover Esb and two other people. You would think that would be ample time for those folks to have had their shot before I was to receive it!? Yes? No?

Again, something is really amiss but I am the MOST patient guy in the world so whenever it gets here it gets here! Seriously. I am more concerned that if the got lost. That would be a real shame.
                So this is what I know. The tape was with ESB for way too much time. Once that was discovered, it was arranged to go to Rich Cohn where a second snag occurred because he was moving. So he agreed to be bypassed until after the move. Rich was supposed to contact MC-3500 and send the tape to him. That’s where it stands.

I am trying to do the best I can but neither should this project be creating angst and extra work for me. As we said above, whoever receives a tape needs to acknowledge receipt either on the BB or by PM. Otherwise I am out of fresh options.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
                -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
                -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Thanks Myles, that's what I was asking for.
                  McIntosh MC501x2,McIntosh c2200, Innersound Eros,Von Schweikert VR4 HSE,VPI Scoutmaster w/Grado Sonata,
                  Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE,Sony APR 5003,Revox B77,
                  Revox B760 McIntosh MR74

Comment

I have the Yarlung sampler and have not received a response from Vinylrules for shipping as he is next on the list.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by MC-3500 View Post
                      I have the Yarlung sampler and have not received a response from Vinylrules for shipping as he is next on the list.

Ed
                      I contacted Oswaldo and you should hear from him.

Thanks for staying on top of things!

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Thanks Myles

Comment

Thanks to Myles for having reached out to me via Facebook. I was blissfully unaware that Ed had tried to reach me via this forum's messaging. I never received a notification but have just PM's MC-3500 with my shipping information.

I look forward to this tape!

Oz
                          Oswaldo Martinez
                          President

Comment

Working...
                          X