Yarlung Sampler Tape Sign Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks!

Just an FYI that I literally just got the notification from Ed (MC-3500) via Audionirvana's PM system reaching out me but please note this notification came in two days after the fact! I don't know if this is commonplace but with me, it happens all the time. I get notifications days after they had been posted. Thankfully Myles alerted me. Now I await confirmation from MC-3500 that he's shipped the Yarlung tape my way.

I will report back once I've received it.

Best regards!

Oz
    Oswaldo Martinez
    President
    Let There Be Sound (Weston, FL)

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive/Koetsu Black Goldline, VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Hi Oswaldo, I have not received any info up to this point and I moved on to the next person waiting, Austin Acoustic. Make arrangements with Man to intercept the tape when he is done listening. Tape just went in the mail today to Man, I apologize for any inconvenience, I wanted to keep the tape moving along in the rotation. Ed

Comment

Well this is a most unfortunate turn of events being that I indeed reached out to you via PM *the very day* that Myles reached
        out to me via Facebook Messenger.

Did you not check your PM? I sent you my shipping info on the 11th?

How could you decide to arbitrarily skip me when I am telling you in this thread I in fact replied to you and now I am waiting
        on your confirmation you have shipped out to me?

I must not understand this how this private messaging works on this forum. It is not particularly intuitive.

I can't even find the original PM MC-3500 sent me, nor my reply to him with my address. Are they stored somewhere else other
        than the general messaging inbox?
        Oswaldo Martinez
        President

•Open Reel: Revox A77 (1/4 track), Revox A77 (1/2 track), Tascam 32, Teac X-1000R •Cassette: Nakamichi 680ZX, Nakamichi BX-300, JVC KD-A8 •Turntables: VPI HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive/Koetsu Black Goldline, VPI Avenger Reference/Koetsu Black Goldline, Yamaha PX-2 •Electronics: Herron Audio VTPH-2A, Herron Audio VTSP-3A/360, Cary Audio DAC-200ts, Mac mini, Cary Audio CAD-120S MkII •Loudspeakers: System Audio Pandion 30 & Legend 40 Silverback

Comment

Oswaldo,

I never received any communication from you, have Myles verify if you wish. Man responded within a few hours and I told him I wanted to wait the weekend maybe you were on holiday. I would contact Man soon and he can send the tape to you when finished.

Comment

Ed,

I honestly do not know or understand where the PM went but I did reply to yours the very next day after Myles alerted me you had tried reaching out.

Incidentally, your PM notification ended upon reaching me two days *after* you had sent it. You sent it on Aug, 10th, I replied the next day on Aug, 11th.

Again thanks to Myles intervention through Facebook. Can you believe I finally received the official notification of your communication Aug 12th. The main
            point being, do not be so surprised when some members do not reply right away. Unless one is constantly logging in, they are likely missing many of the
            posts, or minimally, not getting the notifications in a timely manner but days later.

To avoid this problem, I am posting my personal e-mail here so that Man Soon can see it and e-mail me whenever he's ready to forward the tapes to me.

So Man Soon, sir please, reach out to me to the following e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

Oz
            LTBS
            Oswaldo Martinez
            President

Comment

Oswaldo,

I already sent you a PM requesting shipping address in advance so you have plenty of time to see it.
              I like to keep communications pertaining to Tape Circle on this site.
              Man Nguyen
              www.AustinAcoustic.net
              4-Way Horn Speakers - Active Crossover - 8 Monoblock SET Amps

Comment

Dear Man,

I woke up to your PM this morning and have already replied as well (please see attached screenshot).

However as a safety net I had posted my e-mail on this thread, so if all else fails, please e-mail me and
                I will e-mail you back my address.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 8.21.41 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	270.4 KB ID:	121203

Cheers!
                Oswaldo Martinez
                President

Comment

Working...
                X