Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marty View Post
    Myles,
    High praise indeed from Harry! And well-deserved. Wonderful report as usual. But I got the biggest laugh out of your remarks about NJ Transit. You think India would reject those train cars. Hey, buddy, where do you think old NJ Transit cars wind up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.21.17 AM.png
Views:	36
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	100403

Actually, this is a very famous Sebastian Salgado photograph of Churchgate Station in Bombay (Mumbai). They love those old NJ Transit cars. Ha!
    Marty
    That’s funny.

It’s coming from a Jersey boy who remembers the old dilapidated Lehigh Valley RR that went out of business in the mid-60s and stranded it’s commuters in NYC for days until the governor of NJ at that time stepped in.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Ensemble Fuoco hybrid integrated amplifier
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Myles - thanks for the wonderful report and the great photos. I think I've just seen my next turntable. Though my Classic 3 is doing fine for the moment, the new one is awfully tempting.

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjensen View Post
        Myles - thanks for the wonderful report and the great photos. I think I've just seen my next turntable. Though my Classic 3 is doing fine for the moment, the new one is awfully tempting.

-Rick
        Yes it definitely should be atop people’s lists to hear. Even if you don’t buy it, the new VPI table shows you what direct drive tables can do. Especially when it comes to noise floor. Get rid of the noise and more music comes through. Especially those subtle details that bring us closer to real music.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Madfloyd View Post
          Fantastic report, Myles. If I was to get a 2nd turntable, it would be a VPI direct drive.
          Get one. You may well dump what you have now

Comment

• Madfloyd
            Madfloyd commented
            Editing a comment
            Who knows, maybe you're right. Would love to try it and see!

sorry if i missed t, its 15k with the arm?
          Linn Kilmax LP12 | Linn Uphorik | Innous ZENMini | Kii Three

Comment

• Joe Pittman
            Joe Pittman commented
            Editing a comment
            The HW-40 is $15K and includes the Fatboy Gimbal arm, Periphery Ring Clamp and Dust Cover. Compared to the standard $10K Avenger, it has an upgraded arm which would add approx $1900, the Periphery Ring Clamp which is $1000 and the Dust Cover, so a comparably equipped Avenger would be about $13K. Add-in the DD motor, and the HW-40 is reasonably priced compared to the Avenger which makes the Anniversary a very interesting price/performance offering. Expensive, but not unreasonably so. See http://www.kosmic.us/vpi-hw-40-anniversary.html

Myles,

Enjoyed the report and will the TT come in any other finishes?

kinda lacks a little bling

Comment

• Skylab
            Skylab commented
            Editing a comment
            So funny - the look is a big part of why I like it Different strokes...

Originally posted by PeterA View Post
          Great report Myles. Wonderful photos with descriptions. It's an interesting "house" concept. Is this meant to showcase products in system settings to potential customers, dealers, or both?
          Both. Serves to show VPI products say when they host a dealers weekend as well as a no pressure situation for audiophiles to hear the products.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=100308&d=1540267965.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	100886
            Originally posted by Purevinyl View Post
            Myles,

Enjoyed the report and will the TT come in any other finishes?

kinda lacks a little bling
            What other parts do you want to be shiny?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hawk
              Hawk commented
              Editing a comment
              The new table is nicely understated. Looks good

• Purevinyl
              Purevinyl commented
              Editing a comment
              imo: i prefer the looks of the VPI Classic 3 Rosewood (more elegant) the new 40th looks plain and lacks a hi-end appearance, for the cost. sorry if this offends anyone.

warning--------- it's only MY opinion!

• Hawk
              Hawk commented
              Editing a comment
              Thankfully not to many internet trolls on this site. LP12 discussions seem to awaken the dark side of some.
              VPI Classic 3 in Rosewood is very nice. Very classic look and excellent sound. In future, VPI may offer some different aesthetics for the new Direct Drive TT(kind of like the Prime) It will be interesting to see. Audio market seems to be catering to 1% group. Surprising that a lot of people consider a $15k table as cost effective
          Working...
          X