Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Fremer Brings His Record and Pony Show to Innovative Audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great recap of the evening, which was extraordinarily well written, btw. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Now I’m wishing I’d done the 4 or so hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
      Myles and company when you can and it's appropriate i would to go to these events. My type would be analog be it tape or vinyl.
      I just went to two last week Friday and Saturday
      i must say VPI was Amazing and the Friday night event t was nice and had kind people there.
      Again I'm just asking and I'm not looking to infringe in anyone's territory.
      Ty
      You should have been there Al!
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
      -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
      -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Please ask when it's ok love to hear and see these people
        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Apparently the good natured postal folks misplaced my invite (again), just like when Jack White threw the Third Man opening shin-dig in Motown?

I just stayed home (again) and listened to records with my cat and a few less famous friends... geez!

Truly, all kidding aside Myles, thanks for the informative write up and I’m glad everyone had a good time.
          Listening/Living room 25.5x14.5x8.5, modestly live & dynamic, Brinkmann Balance w/RöNT II PS, HRS, Reed P3-12, Miyajima Zero, Avid Acutus SP, SME V w/Kondo fairyhair silver litz, Lyra Kleos, Linn Sondek LP12 w/Ittok LVII, Nakamichi ZX-7, SCD-XA5400ES, Aesthetix Calypso & Rhea Signatures, Nordost TYR Norse 2 XLR IC, Silent Source Music Ref mains, Atma-Sphere MA1 Mk.3.4 OTL Silver Edition monoblocks, Elrod EPS-3 Sign power cables, Coincident PREt, PS Audio Premiere, Yamamoto racks, SMARTractor

Comment

You've got to love Fremer. Thank you for your very vivid report.

While I like the gear as much as the next guy... getting the low down on pressings and their background is more and more interesting to me. I can more fundamentally change how my system sounds by playing an alternative pressing than spending $10K on wire. Who better to tell the story behind the dead wax than MF.

I saw Fremer at Axpona 2 years ago. He was great and engaged... he's got to be getting up there in years. There are lots of haters out there but you have to respect him for devotion and energy.

Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
            Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
            Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
            Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
            Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
            Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Thanks for putting together a very nice recap of the evening.
              PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI preamp,
              Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
              Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

Excellent write up and coverage Myles. Looks (and sounds) like a wonderful evening.

Comment

Excellent report Myles. What did Fremer say about difference between his TT and AF3 please?

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                    MylesBAstor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing. 😄

• Rob
                    Rob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AFAIK, he's getting an AF0...who cares about the AF3!

Really enjoyed reading this Myles! I guess Concord are a bunch of cockroaches???
                  Analog: VPI Aries 3, custom suspension/Magnetically stabilized JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90/Modded & shielded Pass XP-25 Digital: Spectral 3000SL/Heavily modded Alpha DAC Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-500AR Speakers: Heavily modded MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods)/Modded REL Cabling: Shielded MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strips, Magnum Z-Traps; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
                    Really enjoyed reading this Myles! I guess Concord are a bunch of cockroaches???
                    Thanks Ack.

Unfortunately Chad needs Concord for other projects so he just had to eat the loss. Shows you contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written upon. Mind you, Chad has done business with them for 20 or 30 years and they pulled this crap on him. That says a lot.
                    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
                    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
                    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
                    -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
                    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
                    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
                    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
                    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
                    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
                    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
                    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
                    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Nscohen17
                      Nscohen17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      More lawyers!!
                  Working...
                  X