No announcement yet.

T.H.E. SHOW NEWPORT, (or LA Show, or Long Beach Show, whatever it is now) June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.H.E. SHOW NEWPORT, (or LA Show, or Long Beach Show, whatever it is now) June

THE SHOW NEWPORT 2019
    June 7-9, 2019 ROOM 508

UHA Will have it's own room at the show this year and the only source we will be featuring is TAPE in the room.

No digital and no server thing-a ma-jigs allowed.

The system will consist of the UHA Ultima 4 OPS-DC Tape Deck, Vitus Electronics and Audio Solutions new Figaro L speakers along with Anzuz Cables.

The UHA Ultima4 OPS-DC will be featured in a special crazy "look at this" finish for the show, come by and take a look!
    If you can't make the show I'm sure there will be pictures and no doubt I will be ripped up on the forums for making something so out of the norm looking, ha!
    But the fact is the look of the UHA decks is easily changed because all the panels come off easily and can be customized any way one wants, so just trying to feature that benefit.

We will be in room 508 which is on a sleeping floor, so hopefully security won't shut us down for playing loud music all night, as we are want to do, we shall see....
    However we will certainly try to do The Legendary UHA After Hours Analog Tape Events from 8:30 till whenever both Friday and Saturday nights.

I have many new compilation tapes with all new music, also some actual Running Master tapes of some very famous music that will offer the closest presentation by a recording you will ever get to the actual performance.
    Hope to see you there!

Greg, it was nice meeting you at the show yesterday. I'll be back again today for some more listening. Great sounding system.

Who else from here will be at the show today?
    Steve Lefkowicz
    Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lefkowicz View Post
      Greg, it was nice meeting you at the show yesterday. I'll be back again today for some more listening. Great sounding system.

Who else from here will be at the show today?
      I was there yesterday for one day only. The venue is good altho' its kinda far from the action off Pine Ave. The rooms seemed smaller than at past shows, im sure some will complain about the 'sound' of the rooms, if memory serves it falls somewhere in the middle compared to past venues in OC and LA.

my short take: Systems assembled around small speakers more often than not sounded coherent, focused and could suspend your disbelief long enough to forget you're at a show. the ambitious systems built around large speakers in large rooms leaned towards the amorphous wall-of-sound presentation, little image specificity or credible stage recreation not to mention bass issues. It goes without saying you don't want to draw hard conclusions re SQ from shows. I was pleased Touraj of Vertere made it with Rutherford (his distributor) we spent the better part of a hour kibitzing about his 'tables, music/records and everything under the sun.

I picked up some interesting recordings by Tony Minasian of Tonian Labs. They're digital using minimalist techniques with a simple mic array. The music is original and avant garde, mostly percussive and bowed/string instruments--the sonics however will blow you away. I also grabbed an LP of traditional Chinese music from Rymoi Music. Its got massive stage presence and layering, with percussive, wind and string instruments that's utterly life like. The music might be an acquired taste but i can savor it in smaller doses.

All in all Im glad I attended albeit for half a day.
      Linn Kilmax LP12 | Innous ZENMini | Kii Three

Comment

Most of the exhibitors I talked seemed to like the rooms, and indicated they were easier to set up than past venues.
        Steve Lefkowicz
        Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
        --------------------------------------------------------
        http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Greg Beron has a great soirée last night. Sound was just great. My thanks to him and the rep, can’t recall his name, from speaker mfg Audio Solutions for a late and fun night at THE Show.
          TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cart; Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Piega C711 Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Schiitt Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Working...
          X