Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s Happening With the NY Audio Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s Happening With the NY Audio Show?

Lot’s of rumors swirling around.

First, the NY Audio Show is looking for a new hotel venue and second it will be moved to early June. Not sure if this slated to happen this year or not; sure it will depend on nailing down a venue.

Also looming on the show front. It looks like Michel Plante, organizer of the Montreal Show, is looking to start a new show called the New York Audiofest. No more details other than that at the moment.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Hopefully it won’t conflict with THE Show in Long Beach 6/12-6/14.
    TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Hana ML Cartridge, Arcam R Phono Preamp; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; VTL 6.5 preamp, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp; Piega C711 Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by 1morerecord2clean View Post
      Hopefully it won’t conflict with THE Show in Long Beach 6/12-6/14.
      New York will conflict with some show no matter when it’s held. So many shows nowadays. AXPONA and The Show (if it happens) both conflict with Munich. Of course, Montreal is right before Axpona. And CAF is/was right before (one week) the New York Audio Show. Don’t forget Adam’s Warsaw Show also in the beginning of November that is rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Then you have Milan, Hong Kong, Audio Exotics, China, etc.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Ritmo
        Ritmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t forget Florida Audio Expo in Tampa in early February. On its second year, 2020, the show had 67 rooms (up from 35 in 2019)!

I hope it goes back to the Marriott in Brooklyn. But I’m cool in jersey too. In think nyc is great but seems to very exp. keep us posted I did enjoy the show in Brooklyn. I’m planning to go to as many shoes as I can this year.
      analog stuff.
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
      sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
      new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
      thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
      thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
      kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
      phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
      speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
      mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
      digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
        I hope it goes back to the Marriott in Brooklyn. But I’m cool in jersey too. In think nyc is great but seems to very exp. keep us posted I did enjoy the show in Brooklyn. I’m planning to go to as many shoes as I can this year.
        I liked the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge venue too. I actually thought the show was finally gaining some traction that year. Then Westchester and a series of dismally attended shows.

The show, unfortunately, won’t be held there again because management won’t move the furniture out of the rooms. Outside the city just won’t work. You might get 1000 people at best. Look at when the Chester Group held the show in Westchester. It bombed.

I often wonder if a smaller, more targeted show, where the industry puts its best foot forward would work better. Then again the idea behind multiple regional shows is to give smaller manufacturers that don’t have representation in these areas exposure and an opportunity to acquire new dealers. But does that model still apply given the dwindling number of audio stores? I guess it would still help those who sell direct or hook potential buyers up with their nearest dealer.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Working...
        X