X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MylesBAstor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2016

LA Anaheim The Show Cancelled

Kind of hard to see it happening in 2018 if there are already too many audio shows. None are going away. Nor are there really any open months considering the N. American and overseas shows.
    What was to have been the first Southern California-based T.H.E. Show since the death of its co-founder, Richard Beers in 2016, has been postponed until 2018. The inaugural T.H.E. Show Anaheim, as the former T.H.E. Show Newport Beach is now called, was to have taken place September 22–24 at the Hilton Anaheim.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 440 and 1000 Nextgen mono amps
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, vdh Colibri Master Signature, Mutech Hayabusa,
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna, Audience FrontRow; Audience FrontRow, Genesis Advanced Technologies , Goldmund and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.3+ platforms.
  • Rob
    Premier Club Member
    • Jan 2016

I was actually looking forward to this, It was the one weekend I had open for hobby related indulgences.

Comment

• 1morerecord2clean
      Premier Club Member
      • Feb 2016

I actually heard about this yesterday from a friend and in the biz. Cancelled my room res. Too close to the LA Show physically and Chronologically.
      Turntable: TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cartridge (repaired and re-tipped by AnaMightySound), Massif Record Weight, PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamp; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner.
      Digital: Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer
      Amplification: VTL 6.5 preamp Series II, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp
      Loudspeakers: Piega C711 Loudspeakers
      Isolation: Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks and grade 2.5 Balls
      Misc: Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator, Synergistic Research 12 UEF SE Line Conditioner, Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 Atmosphere power cords, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates, Synergistic Research Orange Outlet, Furutech NCF Booster Braces, synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere X Euphoria Level 3 Balanced ICs, Synergistic Research Euphoria Level 3 Speaker Cables, Synergistic Research Cable Risers, Mpingo Discs.

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD800s Headphones.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget CEDIA and RMAF for the audio companies.

• 1morerecord2clean
        1morerecord2clean commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely.
    • Bill Hart
      Premier Club Member
      • Jan 2016

Given all the bitching that takes place anyway about SQ in hotel rooms, whatever, why can't local dealers put together a roving pop-up show periodically, where they get the manufacturers to bring the latest or be able to answer questions and do tricks (remember the McIntosh Clinics)? Possibly better sound, not all crammed into one venue-- yeah, you may have to drive, but we go on these architectural tours, where you buy a pass (or can get one at one of the designated venues) that gives you an "all pass" to the entire array of stops. There could be some pop-ups, some used record vendors* get involved, and make a day out of it. I know it would be terrible for business (joke), but it would seem like far less effort and cost. Granted, it doesn't accommodate those who have no dealer network around, but they are often traveling to make these shows anyway. Just a thought. (Yeah, I know, some individual dealers will have an 'event' but I'm thinking bigger- more than one dealer and more than one 'event.' All I want is the hot dog concession).

______
      * If you talk nice, maybe you could even get the Chadster to show up with a pile of records assuming the event is big enough to make it worth his while.

Comment

• Alrainbow
        Premier Club Member
        • Feb 2016

That is a great idea and it's done in portable audio.
        Sennhisser does this in many cities and countries.how can this be afforded by the vendors. ??? I wish there were more shows in the New York area
        analog stuff.
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
        sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
        thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
        kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
        phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
          Premier Club Member
          • Feb 2016

I feel bad for the manufacturers that chose to exhibit at this show instead of the LA Audio show. I'm sure it was a tough call as to which to pick for them.

And I just arranged to have that Thursday off so I could attend the Press Day. Not easy for me to get with it being right in the middle of end-of-quarter for my primary customer.
          Steve Lefkowicz
          Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
          -
          Analog: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iFi iPhono2/iPowerX
          Digital: Geekom Mini PC (i5, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, JRiver Media Center 29, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug FMJ.
          Electronics: Khozmo Stereo Passive with AMRG Ladder Attenuator and "NewClassD" Active Stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
          Speakers: Tekton Perfect SET 15, Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7, GoldenEar BRX
          Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
          Speaker cables: Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
          Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
          Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, AV Room Services EVPs under the speakers, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
          Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

• bmoura
            • May 2016

I think they were overly optimistic in taking on the well established Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver which starts just weeks before this one would have.

The real question is whether there is room for them in 2018. And what existing audio show (Axpona? LAAS?) they would try to challenge next.
            Time will tell.

Comment

• bmoura
              • May 2016

Originally posted by MylesBAstor
              Kind of hard to see it happening in 2018 if there are already too many audio shows. None are going away. Nor are there really any open months considering the N. American and overseas shows.
              Agreed.

Comment

• Bodhi
                • Jul 2017

It seems to me high end manufacturers these days need a dedicated team just to plan and crew high end shows. Obviously manufacturers like Magico have Global Sales reps who can attend shows in lieu of the Owner/President which helps. But it's getting to be a f/t job..

Comment

• RoadDawgWest
                  Forum Leader
                  • Dec 2016

Disappointed. It was virtually in my backyard. Due to business travel during the LA show I had to skip, and my excitement about the drive to the the LAX Airport was very low. I contemplated over attending the RMAF for the first time, but discovered I had a business show / conference to attend that weekend. So my only option was "The Show" this year, but appears it was not meant to be. I will have to experience the shows visually through coverage shared here, and online. My fingers are crossed for 2018.
                  [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

Working...