Name:	IMG_3738.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	835.8 KB
ID:	49787Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3739.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	417.8 KB
ID:	49786

Aluminous Audio is proud to announce the newest version of the GRAVITAS loudspeaker system. This is the first loudspeaker system in the world to use gravity as the primary isolation technique. Previously, only the GRAVITAS monitors were fully isolated through their integrated isolation stands. Now, we have enabled our subwoofer pairs to benefit from the same level isolation. Each subwoofer now includes four patent pending IVCM modules. With the IVCM modules in place on each subwoofer, full mechanical isolation of the subwoofers from the floor is achieved. With the subwoofer pairs placed and setup by Aluminous Audio and their authorized dealers, the sonic result is extraordinary, as the floor of the listening room is no longer resonating along with the music. Bass is much more defined and the entire sonic image is purified.

The significance of the IVCM subwoofer isolation modules includes the fact that your electronics and source equipment are effectively isolated from the vibration generated by the loudspeakers, especially the powerful forces of low frequency sounds. With the new IVCM modules, floor vibration is dramatically reduced and your source equipment is able to maintain much cleaner signals. Your entire system benefits from the reduced floor vibration.
    A second brand new technology involves the GRAVITAS monitors. Each monitor is equipped with a proprietary crossover component called HDB, or "High Definition Balance" that removes distortion generated by the mechanical action of the drivers. Micro electric signals are generated from the mechanical action of any driver as it plays music. The HDB module helps remove this driver generated signal from being fed back into the crossover and causing distortion to be introduced back into the drivers. The HDB is especially effective at removing high frequency distortion. The HDB sonic improvement is very comparable to an amplifier upgrade. The sound is more defined with better control, definition and liquidity.

Both new technologies will be demonstrated for the first time at AXPONA 2017 in room 542. For additional information or inquiries contact Aluminous Audio directly by calling 509-434-8889 or email [email protected] More information about our loudspeaker designs is available at our website, www.aluminousaudio.com.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Everyone these days seems to be making ball-bearing type isolation devices. As one who's already using a fairly basic isolation device for my turntable (Gingko Cloud isolation), I get why acoustical feedback prevention is critical for LP playback. I can even *sort of* get that amplifiers might need some isolation too.

But I'm trying to wrap my head around why these Stillpoint-type items (or any similar isolation) would be useful for a set of loudspeakers. Is there a detailed, scientific write up on this topic? My loudspeakers weigh about 180 lbs each, are mounted on cones, and are sitting on hardwood floor that's laid over concrete subfloor. Let's set aside the high price for a moment and talk about reasons. Someone tell me why I'd want to have these heavy loudspeakers floating on ball bearing (or other) floating isolation devices.
    Lyra Kleos SL, Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Goheelz View Post
      Everyone these days seems to be making ball-bearing type isolation devices. As one who's already using a fairly basic isolation device for my turntable (Gingko Cloud isolation), I get why acoustical feedback prevention is critical for LP playback. I can even *sort of* get that amplifiers might need some isolation too.

But I'm trying to wrap my head around why these Stillpoint-type items (or any similar isolation) would be useful for a set of loudspeakers. Is there a detailed, scientific write up on this topic? My loudspeakers weigh about 180 lbs each, are mounted on cones, and are sitting on hardwood floor that's laid over concrete subfloor. Let's set aside the high price for a moment and talk about reasons. Someone tell me why I'd want to have these heavy loudspeakers floating on ball bearing (or other) floating isolation devices.
      I use Stillpoints Ultra5s under my Alexias.

The theory behind those and similar devices is pretty simple: vibrations from whatever they sit under pass into the footer where that vibrational /mechanical energy causes the footer's interior ceramic balls to rub/vibrate against one another (friction), converting that energy into heat, which dissapates through the metal body of the footer. They also inhibit vibration from entering the speaker from whatever they sit on. (Concrete does a great job transmitting vibration.)

I'm neither a physicist nor an expert on speakers; take my layman's words as that. Cone drivers turn electrical energy into mechanical energy making the speakers move air to create sound in your head. Some of that energy goes into the basket or frame or whatever is holding the, say paper, cone and also into the speaker cabinet. That 'excess' energy (or additional energy entering from the floor or air) can travel around the cabinet and speaker parts and reflect back into the drivers at a later time than when it was originally produced. The introduction of energy that is not part of the original signal is, or can cause, distortion - a smearing of the signal. The Stillpoints mean to give a way for excess energy to leave the cabinet and turn into another form of energy. They're not perfect but they do a job by virtue of the sonic results they yield.

The intended result is better sound. Sound from my speakers sitting on their footers is clearer, instruments and voices are better focused, tighter if you will. Imo, I did not need to understand how they work to recognise the sonic improvements they made, though like you, I"m curious. :-)

It seems like sooo much of high-end audio from front-end transducers to speakers is about managing energy - taming it without changing it. Getting it from one place to the next without altering the original, without introducing energy that is not part of the original signal. The context of a system, the room and surroundings and the system's interface and interaction with that play a part in what we hear.

(I invite the more knowledgeable to improve on this rough explanation.)

Comment

• Goheelz
        Goheelz commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I'll just have to find a way to try a Stillpoints-type isolation system, if I can find one lying around for testing. Having said that, I found it interesting that when I asked him about this a few days ago, Richard Vandersteen (designer of my Vandersteen 5A's) was baffled that anyone would want to use Stillpoints under his speakers (or anyone else's speakers). He is adamant that his supplied system of adjustable cones is the right approach.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It is extremely rare for any speaker manufacturer to acknowledge (at least publicly) that their product could use, or sounds better with, someone else's product. You'll get a similar answer from other speaker manufacturers. Some want you to buy their own footers (eg. Magico.) Footers are like everything else - try them to learn if there is synergy with what they're under and if you think the sound is better (not just different.)

International Phonograph, Inc.

​​​​​
      From Jonathan

I’ll be in the Magico room and hope if you’re at the show you’ll come say hello and introduce yourself. I love doing the show as I get to hear my tapes over a world class system and get input from others right on the spot.

My tapes will be played also in the Merrill Audio room and Joseph audio as well. And now that I think of it, in the Playback Designs room which has amazing digital equipment by Andreas Koch. But they also play tapes.

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• Kingrex
        Kingrex commented
        Editing a comment
        Rats, I was at the show. Would have been nice to say hello. I never went in the Magico room as I have seen them in Portland a few times.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3774.JPG Views:	1 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	50374 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3773.JPG Views:	1 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	50375

Goldmund will present the Logos Sukha speakers for the first time in the USA at the Audio Expo North America in Rosemont.

Sukha is a word meaning “the wisdom that allows us to see the world as it is, without veils or distortions”. In Pali, Sukha means happiness and ease, bliss or pleasure, and that is exactly what our engineers had in mind for our customers when designing this speaker.

Join us to experience the Logos Sukha, room 340, from the 21st to the 23rd of April.

Comment

• JDZA
        JDZA commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha.magnificent speaker whose name means nice things in Sanskrit but in Sotho it means Go away ,Leave,,F$&@ off!

The new VPI Prime Signature Rosewood will be in the Skogrand room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3781.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	50747

Comment

Daedalus Audio's new Apollo speaker will be in room 530.

Comment

Thanks Myles, for the sneak peeks. I think you have a better heads up on this, than I have seen anyplace else on web.

Comment

Find us at… AXPONA 2017

April 3rd, 2017

Filed under: Events

ENGAGE with the manufacturers of the best audio equipment.

EXPERIENCE the sophisticated “dream systems” from Paragon.

EXPLORE all the technical details behind the performance.

April 21st-23rd: Join us at AXPONA – the largest high-end consumer audio show in the United States, hosted at the Westin O’Hare in Chicago. Find our exhibit rooms on the 2nd Floor (find details below).

Meet our partners…
            • Dave Wilson of Wilson Audio
            • Dan D’Agostino of D’Agostino Master Systems
            • Josh Clark of Transparent Audio
            • John Quick of Data Conversion Systems (dCS)
            • Mike Latvis of Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS)

Sheffield Room on the 2nd Floor
            • Doshi Audio v3.0 Preamplifier
            • Doshi Audio v3.0 Stereo Power Amplifier (Product introduction)
            • Doshi Audio v3.0 Phono Preamplifier
            • Doshi Audio v3.0 Tape Preamplifier
            • dCS Rossini DAC & Clock
            • Brinkmann Spyder Turntable
            • Reel to Reel Tape Deck
            • Wilson Yvette Loudspeakers
            • Transparent Reference XL Cabling
            • HRS Racking & Bases

Renewal on the 2nd Floor
            • D’Agostino Momentum (Bridged) Mono Amps
            • D’Agostino Momentum Preamplifier
            • D’Agostino Momentum Phono Preamplifier
            • Brinkmann Balance Turntable
            • dCS Vivaldi system (4 pieces including CD player)
            • Wilson Alexx Loudspeakers
            • Transparent Opus Cabling
            • HRS VXR Racking

More details to be announced…
            ← Back to main page

Comment

Daedalus Audio exhibits their new upgraded Poseidon speakers for the first time at AXPONA 2017!

Daedalus Audio Poseidon full range speaker. Solid Cherry/98db /with new Duelund/Mudorf EVO option: $16,845 pair.

This system is the culmination of two decades work, melding the best features of our popular Ulysses and Argos models as well as our latest technical advances into stunningly sculpted, large full range speaker system. Combining an MTM design with the wide dispersion dual tweeter system of the Argos creates a huge yet natural soundstage, a real sense of “you are there”.
              The dual woofers are the new 2015 Daedalus 8” speakers which feature lower distortion and a more linear extended response, they are very fast, defined and natural with minimal artifacts. ALL the detail with NO extra over-ring or blur!

Like all our systems these are bespoke pieces made of solid hardwood, with dovetail joinery and an old-world hand rubbed oil/varnish finish. Inside are the perfectly matched advanced crossover networks, complex bracing, proprietary wiring harness and hand treated drivers.

Daedalus Audio will also bring DiD (Daedalus isolation Devices) $480 set of three for use under electronics and DiD spk. ( Daedalus isolation for speakers) $80 each Set of eight, $640

http://www.daedalusaudio.com/Poseidon.html

http://www.daedalusaudio.com/DiD.html

Name:	IMG_3027.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	51040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3028.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	51041

Comment

MOFI at Axpona 2017
                MOFI DISTRIBUTION Rm.1204
                Product Type Manufacturer Model US MSRP
                Speakers TAD Laboratories Micro Evolution One $12,495
                Source S Turntable Dr. Feickert Analogue Blackbird Deluxe 12 with 2nd arm package $9,485
                Source S Cartridge Koetsu Urushi Sky Blue MC Cartridge $5,995
                Source S Cartridge Koetsu Urushi Vermillion Mono MC Cartridge $6,495
                Component S Phono Stage Balanced Audio Technology VKSP12SSE SuperPak Phono Stage $12,495
                Source S Turntable Dr. Feickert Analogue Woodpecker Deluxe 12 $6,000
                Source S Cartridge MoFi MasterTracker MM Cartridge $699
                Component S Phono Stage Blue Horizon ProFono $995
                Source S Digital TAD Laboratories D1000 SACD Player / DAC $15,000
                Component S Preamp TAD Laboratories C2000 Preamplifier $29,000
                Component S Amplifier TAD Laboratories M2500 Power Amp $24,000
                Component Isotek Mosaic Genesis AC Regenerator $9,995
                Component Isotek Titan High Current Power Conditioner $4,495
                Cables Isotek Synchro C19 DCScancelling Power Cable $2,195
                Cables Isotek Optimum C15 Power Cable $995
                Racks Solidsteel Hyperspike HFS3 $2,799
                Stands TAD Laboratories STS3 $1,795
                Cables Nordost Valhalla 2 Series Interconnects $7,599
                Cables Nordost Valhalla 2 Series Speaker Cables $13,359
                Other rooms with MoFi Distr

Product Type
                ibution products

Manufacturer
                Model US MSRP
                ALUMINOUS AUDIO 8 542
                Component S Preamp Balanced Audio Technology VKS33SE $9,995
                Component S Amplifier Balanced Audio Technology VKS255SE $8,995
                AUDIOQUEST 8 Marketplace
                Source S Turntable MoFi StudioDeck+ $1,149
                Component S Phono Stage MoFi UltraPhono $499
                DOSHI AUDIO 8 28 Sheffield
                Source S Cartridge Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum MC Cartridge $7,495
                MUSIC DIRECT 8 Rosemont 3
                Source S Turntable Spiral Groove The Revolution $18,000
                Source S Tonearm Spiral Groove Centroid Tonearm $6,000
                Source S Cartridge Koetsu Blue Lace Moving Coil Cartridge $14,995
                Source S Turntable MoFi UltraDeck+ (includes UltraTracker cartridge) $1,999
                Source S Cartridge MoFi StudioTracker (on ProSJect Debut 3 Carbon DC) $199
                Component S Amplifier Balanced Audio Technology VKS655SE $16,495
                Component S Phono Stage Balanced Audio Technology VKSP12SE SuperPak $12,495
                Speakers Wharfedale Diamond 225 $449
                PARAGON SIGHT & SOUND 8 28 Renewal
                Source S Cartridge Koetsu Azule Platinum Moving Coil Cartridge $10,995
                SONNER AUDIO 8 652
                Component S Amplifier Balanced Audio Technology VKS76SE $13,995
                MIDWEST AUTHORIZED DEALERS

ABT (Glenview, IL) Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Solidsteel

Artisan Fidelity (Hammond, IN) Koetsu

Audio Emporium (Brown Deer, WI) Isotek, MoFi, QUAD

Chicago Audio (Chicago, IL) Wharfedale

David Michael Audio (Royal Oak, MI) QUAD, Solidsteel

Don Better Audio (Shaker Heights, OH) Dr. Feickert Analogue, Isotek, Koetsu, QUAD, TAD F1 Audio (Palatine, IL) Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Solidsteel

Glenn Poor's Audio Video (Champaign, IL) Balanced Audio Technology, Isotek, MoFi

Music Direct (Chicago, IL) Balanced Audio Technology, Koetsu, Little Fwend, MoFi QUAD, solidsteel, Spiral Groove, Wharfedale

Paragon Sight and Sound (Ann Arbor, MI) Koetsu, Solidsteel

Pro Musica (Chicago, IL) QUAD

Quintessence (Morton Grove, IL) solidsteel

Saturday Audio Exchange (Chicago, IL) Isotek, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

Wayback Audio (Grandville, MI) Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Solidsteel, Wharfedale

Comment

Doug White will be demoing the Tidal Akira loudspeakers. They are the little 'sisters/brothers' of the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers using the unique midrange diamond woofers in combination with a diamond tweeter. Imho the Akira's are very special indeed and I am looking forward to feedback of Axpona visitors.

Btw, in May the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers can be heard at the Munich high end show 2017, albeit in closed/reserved listening sessions.

Comment

Name:	IMG_3065.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	51414

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Name:	IMG_3066.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	51425

Dan D’Agostino Master Audio Systems announces a powerful addition to the Progression series

New 300 Watt stereo amplifier to be unveiled at Axpona, April 21-23, 2017 - The Westin O’Hare, Room Renewal A

CAVE CREEK, AZ, APRIL 21, 2017 — Dan D’Agostino Master Audio Systems today announced the Progression Stereo, the second model released in the Progression Series that debuted in 2016. ​ ​ ​

Leveraging the innovative Super Rail circuitry, first unveiled in the Progression Mono amplifier, the Progression Stereo amplifier exploits this unique technology to deliver remarkable control and fidelity to any connected loudspeaker. Every amplifier employs a voltage rail, actually two, a positive one and its companion negative partner. Voltage rails support the delivery of power to the speaker. The music signal swings between these two rails but due to natural loss, the musical signal never reaches the output rails’ full capability. Borrowing the idea of a turbo in a car engine, the Super Rail employs higher voltage rails in the sections prior to the output stage. This voltage “boost” allows the musical signal to exploit the full capability of the output voltage rails and maximize the performance of the output circuitry itself. The result is improved dynamics, lower distortion, and a fierce grip of the speaker.

“With the Progression series, we focused on creating amplifiers that deliver our performance and power delivery at a lower price. The Progression Stereo amplifier takes advantage of our new Super Rail technology which lifted the amplifier’s sound quality beyond my expectations.” company founder and chief engineer Dan D’Agostinosaid.

“More affordable than the Momentum series, in large part because we used aluminum instead of copper for the heatsinks,” D’Agostino continued. “The Progression Stereo still employs through-hole construction for the best sound quality and durability, and like all our products, the Progression Stereo amplifier is hand built in our Arizona facility.”

A graceful anodized Aluminum chassis houses a nearly 3,000 VA power supply transformer coupled to 400,000 microfarads of storage capacitance. Paired to this foundation is a fully complementary driver stage, and output circuitry outfitted with 48 power transistors. The Progression Stereo is conservatively rated at 300 Watts into 8 Ohms and delivers 600 Watts into 4 Ohms, and 1,200 Watts into 2 Ohms.

​Inspired by the elegant faces of classic Swiss watches, the Progression Stereo is fronted by an exposed movement power meter. Featuring two 90-degree needle swing arms, a high-speed ballistic circuit enhances the meter’s responsiveness.

The venturi style heatsink design, premiered in the Momentum amplifiers, has been adapted to the cooling needs of the Progression Stereo amplifier. Starting with a 48.5 lb (22 kg) aluminum slab, each heatsink is milled to form the most efficient cooling element possible. This efficiency keeps the Progression Stereo amplifier running surprisingly cool despite its power output.

​The Progression Stereo amplifier will begin shipping in May, 2017 at $22,000 USD. Standard finishes include silver or black with custom painted finishes available upon request.

For more information on Dan D’Agostino Master Audio Systems and its products, please visit dandagostino.com

###

Comment

Working...
                      X