No announcement yet.

2017 Axpona Show Report and Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for taking the time to post the info and pics. Looks like it's going to be a great show. If you get a chance, would love to get your impressions on the new Vivid G1 Spirit room and also the Tidal/Doug White room where they are meant to have the Tidal Akira speakers with diamond midrange. I think there may also be a room with your Magico S5 Mkii and CAT amps. Enjoy the show and look forward to further updates. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ashandger View Post
      Many thanks for taking the time to post the info and pics. Looks like it's going to be a great show. If you get a chance, would love to get your impressions on the new Vivid G1 Spirit room and also the Tidal/Doug White room where they are meant to have the Tidal Akira speakers with diamond midrange. I think there may also be a room with your Magico S5 Mkii and CAT amps. Enjoy the show and look forward to further updates. Many thanks.
      I think the CAT/Magico S5 you are referring to is Randy Forman's room. He'll also I believe have van Hul and VPI. I'll be heading over after breakfast to interview AJ.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• ashandger
        ashandger commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, look forward to hearing your thoughts on this room.

Thank you Myles!
      [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

I'll have to live vicariously through you this time Myles!

Comment

• Doshiaudio
          Doshiaudio commented
          Editing a comment
          missed you man - see you soon

Thanks for the updates and pics Myles!
        would love to be there. Chad's tapes would be in my carry on luggage coming home.

Comment

Thanks Myles! Great pics that show how much work it takes to do these shows.
          SOURCE: Vinyl - Avid Sequel SP w/SME V, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, or Avid Volvere, Benz LPS-mr. Digital - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/dac. PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2. PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2. AMPLIFIER: Audionet AMP monoblocks. SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures w/ YG binding post upgrade. CABLES: Audioquest and Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM

Comment

Thanks Myles. Looking forward to more pics.
            Christian
            System Gear

Comment

exaSound has a 20% Off Sale on their e38 Multichannel DAC, e32 Stereo DAC and Playpoint Network player with DSD 256 and FLAC Multichannel files playback during this weekend's AXPONA 2017 Audio Show in Chicago. Visit Room 604 to hear their DACs and get the 20% discount.

Also of interest at AXPONA 2017, the launch of the new Sonoma Acoustics M1 Electrostatic Headphone System. The Sonoma Acoustics team includes members of the original SACD Project launch team in the US (David Kawakami, Dr. Andrew Demery and Gus Skinas). Pre-orders for the M1 are available from Acoustic Sounds.

exaSound 20 Percent Off sale at AXPONA 2017

https://twitter.com/exaSound/status/855511638245613568

http://news.acousticsounds.com/post....unch-at-axpona

Comment

Miles: many thanks for these updates from AXPONA. When the time comes, I'm sure lots of us would be interested in your "best of show" ideas.
                Dynavector XX-2MK2, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

+1 for all Kudos above Myles--looking forward to the pics thank you for the trouble--enjoy!

Soc

Comment

Had a great time at the show today. Looking forward to tomorrow although sadly I will only be there in the morning tomorrow and I only made about half the rooms today.

I did hear some very very good stuff and some things that were disappointing. It was great to have TEN rooms with tape decks! Half of them were even playing tape.

No real further "report" but I did take a few pics.

TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20, 3030; TEAC 3340S, X7-R; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
                    VINYL: VPI ScoutMaster/Benz LP-S MR/EAR 834P; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
                    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
                    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                      MylesBAstor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I actually had counted 14 decks. Hope I didn't miss any.

2x Sony APR5300: Magico and Sonoma headphones
                      1x Studer 810: Classic Audio Reproductions
                      1x UHA:Ultimate 2
                      2x J-corder: Skogrand and VSA
                      1x Technics/Doshi: Joseph Audio/Rowland
                      1x Mara Machines: Acoustic Sounds booth
                      1X Mara Machines/Doshi: Paragon Sight and Sound
                      1X Nagra/King Cello: Audio Note
                      1X Pioneer 909
                      2X Studer B62: Gamut Audio and Playback Designs
                      1X Studer 810 (?): German Physiks

• Skylab
                      Skylab commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks like I missed a few! 14 decks...that is awesome and absolutely has to be a record.

• MylesBAstor
                      MylesBAstor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes by a mile! Correction, looked at lbj's scavenger thread and realized missed the STS booth with the Studer deck. Make that 15 machines.
                  Working...
                  X