Member GTG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member GTG?

CAF is just around the corner. How many members plan to attend and would be up for a GTG?
    Marty

I am still thinking. Heard there is a train that goes there so would be cheaper than renting a car. But around the corner? 😄 November? Man you sound eager!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• nc42acc
      nc42acc commented
      Editing a comment
      Myles I missed AXPONA and CAS so I am behind on shows this year and CAF is only four months away. Maybe I will shoot for attending RMAF to hold me over. LOL

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      But great idea! We had a great get together breakfast at last year's show!

I'd love to get together, just not at an audio show.

BTW, WTF is CAF?

(My goal is to write posts entirely in acronyms).

Comment

• JackD201
      JackD201 commented
      Editing a comment
      FWIW IDK

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post

BTW, WTF is CAF?

Capital AudioFest in Rockville, MD.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

AFAIC ATM FWIW IDK WUWT
      Marty

Comment

Ok, its time to revive this thread. I am going to be there the entire show, helping a friend. What night/time are people interested in Getting ToGether?

All the exhibitor rooms are sold out so there will be plenty to see this year.

Beau
        Tannoy Glenair, April Sound SET 50 monoblocks and LR phono, EMIA silver remote attenuator and Strain Gauge, Mono TT - AE 208 TT, Abis 1.2BCS arm Miyajima Premium BE, Stereo TT - Fairchild 750 Schroder Custom BA, Miyajima Kansui, Mac Mini w/ Roon, Bel Canto RefLink, Dac 3.5VB, Wadia 860x.

Comment

I am definitely going. Going to take train down Friday morning so expect to get in noon-ish or so.

The Saturday AM breakfast worked really nice last year and would be up for that again. What sayeth others?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Beaur
            Beaur commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good to me.

• Barry
            Barry commented
            Editing a comment
            Will be there Friday and saturday morning. Sounds good to me too.

I'm there all weekend. Looks like a bigger show this year. I think the new dates will help this show turn the corner and take off, with potential to be a really good show. Nice having one I don't have to fly to.
          SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold (ordered)
          DIGITAL - Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. Bluesound Node 2i streamer
          PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
          PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
          AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
          SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
          CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post

BTW, WTF is CAF?

Reminds me of the time I started working with NAVSEA in their old headquarters in Crystal City. These people spoke in acronyms. It was a whole new language I had to learn and I had already spent 12 years working at a shipyard. You also have to keep up on the latest buzz words and use them regularly in your conversations to show you are in tune with the group think. You don't discuss ideas of things you want to implement, you "socialize" them in order to get buy in. Example: Have you socialized that with the program manager? Another buzzword that has been around for years and I see in the mainstream now is the word "optics." If you do something that might not be perceived well, it has bad optics. Or, it can be like a flashlight when you want to keep an eye on some new development as in "We need to have optics on that." The managers that know and regularly use the most current buzz words are on the fast track for promotions. It's a competition sport and some don't even realize they are playing, but the more astute that have their climbing boots on to scale the corporate ladder know exactly what they are doing.

What we need now is acronyms for our acronyms. We can call them micro acronyms.
            Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Bill Hart
              Bill Hart commented
              Editing a comment
              I once wrote a completely fake mission statement in double speak (i thought it was an obvious parody) and gave it to my 'senior' to review; he thought it was great. It was all about synergies, and growing the business, leveraging, metrics (wtf are metrics?) and other such horseshit. This is what passes for high discourse; I've become decidedly low brow in many ways. I love the English language. It's too bad we don't know how to use it.

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4!

• Beaur
              Beaur commented
              Editing a comment
              Bill,

The definition of a metric as far as I can determine from my 25 years in the government is;

Metric (meh-trick); An immutable standard for determining the status of a variable to make you look good to your boss. Caveat - a metric may be changed on a whim when political or other outside influences make it necessary.

Beau

So far seems that Beau, Barry and Tom (and wife?) will be at the show?

So how about meeting up at the Hotel restaurant on Saturday at 7:30 am?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Plan to come down - CU (all) Sat AM - 7:30 or 8A - like the "sound" of 8A better tho.

Charles

Comment

So let’s all meet up at 8 am at the restaurant for breakfast!

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Another great Capital Audiofest in the books. This one was less work than most as I didn't have to help with the heavy stuff!! Great. but early, meet up at breakfast. Always nice to put more faces to names.

Beau
                  Tannoy Glenair, April Sound SET 50 monoblocks and LR phono, EMIA silver remote attenuator and Strain Gauge, Mono TT - AE 208 TT, Abis 1.2BCS arm Miyajima Premium BE, Stereo TT - Fairchild 750 Schroder Custom BA, Miyajima Kansui, Mac Mini w/ Roon, Bel Canto RefLink, Dac 3.5VB, Wadia 860x.

Comment

• Barry
                    Barry commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Breakfast was great. Beau, sorry I couldn't help out with Slovenia's trade balance with USA. Got hung up looking at CDs and records, then ran out of time as I had to leave before noon.
                Working...
                X