Will this upset the Audiophiles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this upset the Audiophiles ?

We were thinking about doing something new in our room this year at CAF 2019.
    High Rez 2 channel audio with 4k blu ray video.

Will this upset the 2 channel purists ?

Our main source will be vinyl, but the videos would serve as a nice pallet cleanser between courses.
    Also for after hours get togethers in our room to watch concerts etc..come join us for a drink.
    Here's a sample...BTW, in this video Steve is using a new preamp designed by Chris Makely a customer and friend of mine.
    Right now its one of a few to be built, will see if Chris plans on building more.

Either way, hope some of you can make it to CAF
    With the full line of Reference Pass labs XS electronics and Basis Audio CJ Conti Transcendence TT it should be a great show.

https://youtu.be/9TyF7HP7MJQ

I don't think it would be upsetting to anyone, you have a sensational turntable setup for critical listening, and for audio plus visual immersion you can use the TV with live concerts, I'm looking forward to your room this fall at CAF!

Comment

Originally posted by GT Audio Works View Post
      We were thinking about doing something new in our room this year at CAF 2019.
      High Rez 2 channel audio with 4k blu ray video.

Will this upset the 2 channel purists ?

Our main source will be vinyl, but the videos would serve as a nice pallet cleanser between courses.
      Also for after hours get togethers in our room to watch concerts etc..come join us for a drink.
      Here's a sample...BTW, in this video Steve is using a new preamp designed by Chris Makely a customer and friend of mine.
      Right now its one of a few to be built, will see if Chris plans on building more.

Either way, hope some of you can make it to CAF
      With the full line of Reference Pass labs XS electronics and Basis Audio CJ Conti Transcendence TT it should be a great show.

https://youtu.be/9TyF7HP7MJQ
      It depends on how well you do it! Mark Levinson used to put film to music demoing his Cello systems all the way back in the 90's to great effect but it was done right and very professionally. I don't want to offend but IMO sticking a TV screen behind the speakers just to play some music video is somewhat tacky and pointless not to mention the reflections issues the screen creates behind the speakers. If you're going to do something do it right or it will detract from everything else. Just my 2 cents...

david
      Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
      Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
      Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
      http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
      http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

Originally posted by david k View Post

It depends on how well you do it! Mark Levinson used to put film to music demoing his Cello systems all the way back in the 90's to great effect but it was done right and very professionally. I don't want to offend but IMO sticking a TV screen behind the speakers just to play some music video is somewhat tacky and pointless not to mention the reflections issues the screen creates behind the speakers. If you're going to do something do it right or it will detract from everything else. Just my 2 cents...

david
        No TV screen.... 4k projector and screen.
        No music videos...live concerts on blu ray.
        My reason for A/V at a high end show is to demonstrate what is possible in 2 channel sound reproduction.
        When one drops $50k on speakers an subs, it stands to reason you would want to get the most out of such a system.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Audio Works View Post
          No TV screen.... 4k projector and screen.
          No music videos...live concerts on blu ray.
          My reason for A/V at a high end show is to demonstrate what is possible in 2 channel sound reproduction.
          When one drops $50k on speakers an subs, it stands to reason you would want to get the most out of such a system.

Personally I love 2 channel video, it can be very, very effective if it's done well, wish you success!

david
          Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
          Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
          Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
          http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
          http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

I think it will be nice. Are you in the same big room as last year? The system was really good.
            SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Soundsmith Paua mkII, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H
            DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Bluesound Node 2i
            PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. Lehmann Audio Decade. EAT E Glo Petit & EAT LPS. MoFi Studiophono
            PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
            AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
            SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
            CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

Originally posted by tom_hankins View Post
              I think it will be nice. Are you in the same big room as last year? The system was really good.
              Yup..Frederick Room.

Comment

Working...
              X