Munich News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munich News

Looks like the 2020 Munich Show is cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45D15161-3F20-4729-AC13-4D5DE23E3894.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	710.6 KB
ID:	132211

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Wonder what's going to happen with Axpona? And if they do, will turnout be affected?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

That's really going to hurt some businesses.
      "I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands, dual B&W ASW600 subs

Cabling: Handmade interconnects, Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

Probably the right call. I was scheduled to attend. Maybe next year then.

My wife and I had a very nice trip planned - Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg and ending in Munich for the show. I’m canceling the whole trip.

Comment

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          We have a late June trip booked for Italy, some of my extended family want to cancel the others are stubbornly steadfast on going. i'm on the fence right now, with two kids in tow my concerns are compounded.

Regardless of location to which you might travel for any reason, you have to ask yourself if you want to be enclosed in a small place like a plane without fresh air sitting next to someone who could be infected. I have been booked for AXPONA for months and I’m watching how things unfold. I will make a decision to stay home or go beginning of April.
        TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Harmonix-Combak platter matte & weight; Arcam R Phono Preamp; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner.

Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

VTL 6.5 preamp Series II
        Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator, Synergistic Research 12 UEF SE Line Conditioner, Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cords, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates, Synergistic Research Orange Outlet, & Blue Outlets, Furutech NCF Booster Brace, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD800s Headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnwes View Post
          That's really going to hurt some businesses.
          Not to mention the viability of the show. They are going to take a beating since assume they’ve paid a bunch of money upfront to the hotel, etc. to hold the space. Hope it’s refundable.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Should be force majeure I would think. Hopefully they have that in their contract. Many hotels allow to move deposits as long as you rebook with them for the next year.
            Last edited by shawnwes; 03-01-2020, 09:34 AM.
            "I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands, dual B&W ASW600 subs

Cabling: Handmade interconnects, Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

the show owners most likely have insurance like cruse ships.
              As for the plane tub it really is less Likely the subways were use. Babies and older folk who have health issues are the target groups. The illness it’s very treatable and I feel we should take the needed procations of flu season.
              Restaurants are half full and Asian store are empty. It’s truly a shame what’s going on. but I do get how most may feel. Me for one I’m I’ll half the time and don’t plan on Looking out a window now. I see many people daily I just don’t touch and keep wipes and cans of Lysol in the car lol.
              analog stuff.
              otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
              otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
              sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
              new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
              thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
              thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
              kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
              phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
              speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
              mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
              digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
              Dacs lampi various

Comment

Since this is an global epidemic, I believe refunds will be enacted.

People seem to be now concerned about Axpona.

I hoped to go to Munich this year, and now will commit back to RMAF which may grow because of Munich and possibly parts of Axpona and the timeline for RMAF hopefully allows things to settle.

One thing is the Gaylord resort in Denver is plenty big enough.
                Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
                Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
                Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
                Speakers: Wilson Alexias
                Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
                Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 Amp Breakers on grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF receptacle packages | Surge Guard at Main Panel | Keces P3 & P8 | ADD POWR series
                Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Comment

Munich has been rescheduled to Sept. 9-12, 2021.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Comment

Will this be a problem for RMAF or have they moved their dates as well? I can’t keep track of the chess moves at this point.
                      TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Harmonix-Combak platter matte & weight; Arcam R Phono Preamp; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner.

Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

VTL 6.5 preamp Series II
                      Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator, Synergistic Research 12 UEF SE Line Conditioner, Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cords, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates, Synergistic Research Orange Outlet, & Blue Outlets, Furutech NCF Booster Brace, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD800s Headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by 1morerecord2clean View Post
                        Will this be a problem for RMAF or have they moved their dates as well? I can’t keep track of the chess moves at this point.
                        No. it's a month later.

Next year's 2021 Audio Fests are bundled in a short compact part of the calendar's schedule next year.

Pacific NW: July 30 - August 1
                        AXPONA: August 27-29
                        Munich: September 9-12
                        Rocky Mountain: October 8-10
                        CAF: November 5-7
                        Every day is a good day to play analog.
                        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
                        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
                        Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

• 1morerecord2clean
                          1morerecord2clean commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you Andre.

• Dre_J
                          Dre_J commented
                          Editing a comment
                          no problem

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post

No. it's a month later.

Next year's 2021 Audio Fests are bundled in a short compact part of the calendar's schedule next year.

Pacific NW: July 30 - August 1
                        AXPONA: August 27-29
                        Munich: September 9-12
                        Rocky Mountain: October 8-10
                        CAF: November 5-7
                        Hong Kong show is Aug 6-8th.

Comment

Working...
                        X