• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Sound by Singer

Absolare integrated amplifier
    Chord Dave digital
    Spendor speakers

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0016.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	101777Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0017.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	101778
    Myles that's the memory player in black in the middle
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Comment

ESD Aoustic full, carbon fiber horn system. 110 db sensitivity.

Don't ask.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0066.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	101798
      I spoke to them at length they are very well made
      all drivers are field coil two massive 36 volt buss one for each side. 5 way analog low level cross overs
      ten mono amps
      there was an older male American cello who seemed to be the setup guy. I was talking to him about the time alignment and cross over adjustments. He got mad and said it sounded fine. I laughed then a again man white shirt came over to talk to me. He was honest and said yes it's bad lol. He said they had only few Hours to setup
      and it was not done well. As we walked around the setup it phased in and out at certain freq then at those positions it sounded very clean.
      A shame really. Such a well made setup so poorly setup.
      The gold box on top was a CD player that was damaged during tranport.
      While at Oma lic he had big conical horns they were very focused so it can be done. When I went up to each sever it was very clean and clear to me. What a shame such large scale setup so wrong. He said they have sold 5 units in Asian
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

• pjrebordao
        pjrebordao commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't get this ESD guys... They obviously have invested reasonable money in R&D and production and then they mess up completely their presence at the shows. At Munich, they were even in a smaller room than in NY.

Myles after you do final thoughts may I do digital front end thoughts ?
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Why don’t You start it in a separate thread Al as your show thoughts.

Myles ty
      it's what I meant. I would not do that here I was asking cause it's your place here and did not want to interfere.
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
        Myles ty
        it's what I meant. I would not do that here I was asking cause it's your place here and did not want to interfere.
        Sure.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
        -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
        -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Miles,
          as a New Yorker, do you think the northeast would be better served in NJ rather than Manhattan? NYC hotels are notoriously small plus it must be a giant problem with dealers loading equipment.
          What is the actual market like for high end in the five boroughs? I would think that the majority of consumers would be in LI or NJ.
          It’s a shame that the southeast does not get one of the regional shows, I know our local dealers are doing very well.
          System 1- Wilson Alexia 2, Pass XA100.8, Ref 6, Pass XP27 phono, Esoteric K1, G1, N05, Avid Acutus Ref with SME V and Koetsu Onyx, Studer 807, J-Corder flux heads direct balanced output, Doshi 3.0 tape preamp,Modified Revox PR99, Teac X-2000M, Kimber Selects, Cardas Clear Beyond power.
          System 2 - Magnepan 3.7, Magnepan MMG (rear), Rel sub, Pass X-250.5, Marantz (rear), Pass XP-22, Parasound preamp, Vendetta Phono SCP-2T, SME 20/3 with SME V & Lyra Atlas, OPPO 205, Sony SCD-5400ES, Revox B-77, Kimber Selects.
          System 3 - Luxman L-505 UXII, Project Classic SP, Hana SL, JBL L-100 Classic, Oppo 205

Comment

Mercury Living Presence on 15" tapes. Wow!

Comment

Great coverage, thanks for that Myles.

Comment

Vinnie Rossi L2 Signature Monoblock amplifiers
                Vinnie Rossi DHT L2 Signature preamplifier
                Palmer turntable
                Harbeth Monitor 40.2 speakers
                Triode wires cabling

One of the better sounding rooms at the NY Audio show. Very easy on the ears, natural sounding coupled with a huge soundstage.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	101763Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	101764
                Thank you for your kind comments, Myles!
                Well Tempered Reference turntable/ Clearaudio Maestro 2... CD Player: Goldenote Stibbert IV with 60's Mullard 6DJ8's... Preamp: Loesch & Wiesner Western Electric 417A w/Phono & Line Stage... Amplifier: BorderPatrol S10 EXD with Western Electric 300B tubes... Power Conditioner: PI Audio Group UBER buss w/ Furutech receptacles... Cables: Triode Wire Labs Cable loom... Speaker: 1974 Klipsch Klipschorn (KB-RO), hot-rodded with all Volti Audio horns and drivers, including the Volti Audio crossover.

Comment

Orinda Acoustics horn speaker. Didn't get it last year and don't get it this year. What am I missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0080.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	101822
                  They were using a tascam dac for the front end. It was not a great sound nor a bad one just odd
                  did not offend as it was music playing but did not have a attraction to make you want to stay. As for placement I can't say it made them sound bad or good room did nkt boom nor have rolled anything.
                  Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
                  X