X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Orinda Acoustics horn speaker. Didn't get it last year and don't get it this year. What am I missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0080.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	101822
    They were using a tascam dac for the front end. It was not a great sound nor a bad one just odd
    did not offend as it was music playing but did not have a attraction to make you want to stay. As for placement I can't say it made them sound bad or good room did nkt boom nor have rolled anything.

Leave a comment:

• tima
    commented on 's reply
    Perhaps a candidate for Nottingham's Anna Log turntable?

• Triode Pete
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Vinnie Rossi L2 Signature Monoblock amplifiers
    Vinnie Rossi DHT L2 Signature preamplifier
    Palmer turntable
    Harbeth Monitor 40.2 speakers
    Triode wires cabling

One of the better sounding rooms at the NY Audio show. Very easy on the ears, natural sounding coupled with a huge soundstage.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	101763Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	101764
    Thank you for your kind comments, Myles!

Leave a comment:

• Nevillekapadia
    replied
    Great coverage, thanks for that Myles.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    They had bigger speakers last year in a smaller room and did the same thing.

• Joe Pittman
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like a stock Prime Signature table with the 10" Reference 3D Arm (not Fatboy). Black mat is not stock as far as I know.

• Musica
    commented on 's reply
    The horn to cabinet contrast was supposed to blow your mind and distract you from the minimal distance between speakers. ;-)

• Musica
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that's some gear I haven't seen in many a moon!!

• marty
    commented on 's reply
    The Audible Illusion development of a Curl phono stage is compelling news. The Audible Illusions pre-amp is one of the ultimate sleeper in hi-end audio. I first heard it 30 years ago and to this day remember the first thing I heard on it (Cantate Domino). I never forgot the superb, natural, choral sound. That it is still made today, does not cost a zillion bucks, and has surely benefited from continuous improvement is a great, great story. I'll bet it is competitive or even exceeds the performance of many other uber-priced preamps. The fact that Curl would get involved with a company like this is really interesting and I'm sure there's a story here we'd like to learn.

• david k
    commented on 's reply
    For one your comments are a reflection of our age group Marty but more importantly many of us are truly bored with same old latest and greatest year after year after year, there really isn't anything new and novel out there anymore. Also now with the power of internet thanks to Myles and others show reports like this cover it all, do you think you missed out on anything after looking at his pictures?

david

• jonathanb
    commented on 's reply
    Is that a Fatboy on the Prime Signature?

• marty
    commented on 's reply
    This is GREAT. Reminds me of the room at CES for years where some guys just went all retro with a Sansui receiver, some obscure speakers, lava lamps and filled the bathtub with wine and beer bottles on ice. I think it was called something like "Nothing but Audio" but perhaps others will remember their real name. I wish there was more of this stuff at shows.

• Madfloyd
    commented on 's reply
    This is the post I was hoping to read. THANK YOU, MYLES! I love the MLP catalog and enjoy it often. I have a high degree of respect for Tom's parents and I've been dreaming of getting better versions of their work for some time - and of course tape would be amazing. I have a 7.5ips 2 track tape of one title and it sounds really good.

• SundayNiagara
    replied
    Mercury Living Presence on 15" tapes. Wow!

Leave a comment:

• pjrebordao
    commented on 's reply
    I don't get this ESD guys... They obviously have invested reasonable money in R&D and production and then they mess up completely their presence at the shows. At Munich, they were even in a smaller room than in NY.
Working...
X