• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show News

Tel: (720) 635-0482
    E: [email protected] www.audiofest.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DENVER – (August 19, 2016) – The Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest (RMAF) has been notified by the Marriott Denver Tech Center (DTC) that second phase renovations have been delayed (see attached statement from the Marriott) and will not be complete by the start of the 13th Annual RMAF in October. In response to this development, RMAF and the Marriott DTC have devised an alternative plan to expand the show into other available space on the property.

Marjorie Baumert, director and co-founder of the Rocky Mountain International Audiofest reports, “RMAF has a full slate of booked exhibitors for both the 2-channel and CanJam features of the show, alongside a host of industry vendors. The show is packed to the gills! We can’t thank the audio community enough for coming together to generously support us. We are also grateful to the Marriott DTC for their dedication to housing an exemplary show, despite challenges due to the ongoing renovations. Thanks to the Marriott and our exhibitors, the annual Audio Fest is slated for another enormously successful show October 7-9, 2016.”

Due to circumstances beyond the hotel’s control, the following spaces will not be available for the show: all Atrium sleeping rooms, Front Range exhibit floors 2-5 (including 550, 589, 535), and all meeting space including Bluebell, Cottonwood, Conifer, Iris, Larkspur, Lupine, Primrose, Spruce, The Rocky Mountain Event Center (CanJam) and the open Atrium area.

In order to accommodate space requirements for RMAF and other upcoming conferences, the Marriott DTC will provide semi-permanent conference structures, including industrial tents and broadcast quality pods. Equipment specifications and exact layout regarding the following adjustments will be detailed in an announcement next week. The plan is as follows:
    • All 4th and 5th floor Front Range exhibit rooms will now be moved to the Summit Tower side.
    • CanJam will be located in a large tent located in the front of thehotel.
    • Lobby meeting rooms will be located in pods near the entrance of thehotel.

Other news regarding this year’s event:
    • RMAF will present the 2nd Annual Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA) on Friday, October 7, 2016. The RIHPA has built on the

success of the inaugural event in 2015 by adding several new international publications.
    • RMAF is pleased to welcome back returning U.S. and international press that continue to support the industry. In addition, Lincoln Chen, executive editor of the prestigious Audiotechnique, Hong Kong, will be in attendance for the firsttime.
    • Due to the great feedback received in regard to the 2015 Entry Level Room series, RMAF is increasing the number of those rooms from three to five. The price points are $500, $1000, $1500, $2500 and$5000.
    • There will be social events, live musical entertainment, and a hostof seminars led by industryexperts.

For further information, please contact the RMAF office, or email at [email protected] Visit our website at www.audiofest.net
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

FYI, the Marriott Tech Center is completely sold out. Hilton Gardens and Hyatt still have rooms though the former only has a couple of rooms at the discounted rate available.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I imagine some of the venders will be bummed to be in a pod in the parking lot. I'm betting some will be pulling out this year.
      SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
      DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
      PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
      PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
      AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
      SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
      CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Unfortunate situation and Marjorie made the best she could out of a bad situation given the short notice.

I would be be surprised to see RMAF at the Marriott Tech Center in 2017. The decision by Marriott not to allow items to be moved out of the rooms - or build them into the room - is very unfortunate. Lamp. Speakers. Lamp wins. But it's the loss of the big conference rooms that hurts the most. I'd imagine the 4th and 5th floor exhibitors might be getting better rooms in the tower. But you thought the elevators were bad in the Towers in past years? You ain't seen nothing yet. Wonder if there are any freight elevators a la the Venetian that they can use?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Even with the difficulties, I hope the industry and show-goers support this show this year and work through it. Without proper support it makes it more difficult for Marjorie to either get the hotel to do better next year or have the leverage to move it to a new location.
          Unfortunately, this was supposed to be my first trip to RMAF, but I have to skip it due to a family event outside the country that weekend.
          Steve Lefkowicz
          Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
          -
          Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low Output, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
          Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 26, Tidal HiFi and Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
          Electronics: DIY passive line-stage with TKD 10K pot, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
          Speakers: Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
          Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
          Speaker cables: Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet
          Digital cables: Aural Symphonics Digital Standard xxv USB, Belkin PureAV.
          Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
          Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

Jeff Catalano and High Water Sound have pulled out of RMAF 2016 for the above reasons. Jeff was going to be placed in a Pod room outside. Ridiculous! They should have worked with Marriott and the nearby Hyatt to procure some rooms at the Hyatt for exhibitors.

I'm hoping that Jeff/HWS and RMAF can work out something quickly to repair the situation satisfactorily. Jeff Catalano is one of the best and genuine guys in the business - his rooms are always the pinnacle of a show for me and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by philb7777 View Post
              Jeff Catalano and High Water Sound have pulled out of RMAF 2016 for the above reasons. Jeff was going to be placed in a Pod room outside. Ridiculous! They should have worked with Marriott and the nearby Hyatt to procure some rooms at the Hyatt for exhibitors.

I'm hoping that Jeff/HWS and RMAF can work out something quickly to repair the situation satisfactorily. Jeff Catalano is one of the best and genuine guys in the business - his rooms are always the pinnacle of a show for me and many others.
              +1

You actually brought up a good point. Just a couple of years ago, several exhibitors such as Wilson, Vapor Audio and a couple of others went to the Hyatt. Marjorie should have worked something out there. Maybe she was worried about a mass exodus of exhibitors to the Hyatt? But a pod? Maybe for MBL (sorry just kidding everybody--but the 101s used to be nicknamed the Pods eg. Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Sure Jeff isn't the only one to be affected like this either.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

I was just sent an email this morning from the Marriott stating that all sleep rooms for guests are being moved to local hotels. They said mine were being moved to the Hyatt. I'm fine with that since the Hyatt is only a block away. I'm hoping that this allows more rooms for exhibitors. Does anyone have a list of who has pulled out? Doubt RMAF will update their website showing who has decided not to come.

Comment

• tom_hankins
                  tom_hankins commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This (changing Hotels) will really be bad for people who wanted to taxi to the Hotel and not have to get a rental car.
                  I also doubt they will let people know which exhibitors will not be attending. So far with High Water Sound, and the GTT/YG rooms backing out they have lost two of my favorite rooms to visit.

• MylesBAstor
                  MylesBAstor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Two of the hotels are walking distance and their will be I understand a shuttle provided from the other alternative hotel.

Originally posted by philb7777 View Post
                I was just sent an email this morning from the Marriott stating that all sleep rooms for guests are being moved to local hotels. They said mine were being moved to the Hyatt. I'm fine with that since the Hyatt is only a block away. I'm hoping that this allows more rooms for exhibitors. Does anyone have a list of who has pulled out? Doubt RMAF will update their website showing who has decided not to come.
                Thanks Phil. That probably makes the best out of a bad situation. Are they keeping the same room rates? I registered late and got a room across the street but it was more than the Marriot rate.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Thanks Phil. That probably makes the best out of a bad situation. Are they keeping the same room rates? I registered late and got a room across the street but it was more than the Marriot rate.
                  They better keep the same room rates, or give me a discount! I still haven't heard back from the Marriott after the email was sent a few days ago. I called them today and spoke to the event coordinator, John Hogan. He was very pleasant and informative. He said that the number of rooms they needed at the Hyatt have been procured and I should have an email confirmation by the end of this week with the new Hyatt confirmation numbers.

I am hopeful that this additional maneuvering by the Marriott/RMAF will make extra QUALITY rooms for exhibitors and prevent to much of a leak of exhibitors cancelling. Crossing fingers........

Comment

Working...
                  X