Ypsilon MC16 Step-up Transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ypsilon MC16 Step-up Transformer

FOR SALE: Ypsilon MC16 step-up transformer (copper wired) with original wooden box. Used with an Ortofon A90 and various Lyra cartridges and suitable for similar cartridges. Supplied with grounding post. Cosmetically good condition/works perfectly. Price includes shipping, insured by seller and this is quite heavy. ($1450 or offer).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fcrowder; 08-14-2019, 01:02 PM.
    Rockport Sirius turntable, Lyra Atlas SL cartridge, Audio Note M9 SE Phono stage, Audio Note M10 (Signature) linestage, EMM Labs TX2/DA2 digital, Audio Note Balanced Kegon amps, EMM Labs MTRX amps, Acapella Triolons, Jorma Prime and Odin 2 cables, Stage 3 Kraken power cords, HB Marble Powerslave, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference stands and Cerabases, Halcyonics active isolation bases, HRS Equipment stand, Stillpoints Ultra 6 footers, Furitech cable isolators and plugs, Loricraft and Audiodesk vinyl cleaners, Yamaha CT7000 Tuner.

Hi Fred,
    Do you still have have your Ypsilon MC 16 SUT ? Thanks Jim

Comment

The Ypsilon MC16 sold about six weeks ago to a friend for the listing price, but I was close to the point where I would have taken any reasonable offer. I apologize for not going back to the listing and noting that it sold. For what it may be worth, several months ago I posted a lengthy two part review of the top of the line Audio Note phonostage at Dagogo.com. The second installment of the review contained a very lengthy comparison of the Ypsilon MC16 (copper), the silver version and finally the step up which I eventually bought the Audio Note S9M which is silver. While there are many factors which affect the sound of a step up, the metallurgy of the transformer core as well as the wire used are pretty dramatic.
      Last edited by fcrowder; 01-27-2020, 10:32 PM.
      Rockport Sirius turntable, Lyra Atlas SL cartridge, Audio Note M9 SE Phono stage, Audio Note M10 (Signature) linestage, EMM Labs TX2/DA2 digital, Audio Note Balanced Kegon amps, EMM Labs MTRX amps, Acapella Triolons, Jorma Prime and Odin 2 cables, Stage 3 Kraken power cords, HB Marble Powerslave, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference stands and Cerabases, Halcyonics active isolation bases, HRS Equipment stand, Stillpoints Ultra 6 footers, Furitech cable isolators and plugs, Loricraft and Audiodesk vinyl cleaners, Yamaha CT7000 Tuner.

Comment

what is the voltage ratio of this unit?
        Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

The ratio is 16X which gives you 24 dB of gain.

Comment

Working...
          X