Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale: Bob's Devices Cinemag SKY 20 MC SUT, excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Bob's Devices Cinemag SKY 20 MC SUT, excellent!

Bob’ Devices: Sky 20 MC Step Up Transformer. I purchased this SUT on USAudiomart from the original owner -- he purchased from Bob in January 2017. Excellent condition + Clearly superior to the built-in Lundahl 9206 SUT's in my preamp. New $1250 -- asking $825 -- including shipping in U.S. from 90024 and PayPal fees.

The SKY 20 is switchable for 1:10 (20dB gain) or 1:20 (26dB gain). There's also a switch to either lift ground or to connect chassis ground. Easy to install. Sound with a ZYX Airy 3 -- dynamic and detailed.

The reviewers have loved this product. Here are some links:

Darryl Lindberg, Part-Time Audiophile, Sky 20 review, July 2015 https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/...p-transformer/

Lewis Dardick, Stereo Times, Sky 20 review, http://www.stereotimes.com/post/bob%...up-transformer

Art Dudley, Sky 30 review, Stereophile, Listening #137, May 2014 http://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-137

Bob provides an excellent description at his website. http://www.bobsdevices.com/Moving-Co...-Transformers/

Thank you and happy listening, Harvey
    Last edited by Unchilled; 06-21-2017, 07:32 PM.

GLWS. Great product.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Thank you Myles. Asking price now includes shipping in the U.S. and any PayPal fees.

I'm anticipating delivery of my updated FVP preamp -- includes an FET/6922 phono stage and 12AT7 line stage -- from Joe Rasmussen, the designer of the well-regarded JLTi solid state phono preamp. The FVP has facility for adjusting phono input impedance with parallel RCA loading plugs -- which I'll predict will suit my Sound-smith Sussurro very well.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Why don't you start a thread about FVP? I'd love to know more about the product!

Hi Myles,
      When I've had a chance to listen to it (it's been out of the system for a few years), I will do so. Joe Rasmussen collaborated closely with the late Allen Wright. The pre-update version also used 6922's in its line stage. There's an old review in TNT -- www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/vse_fvp5a_e.html

l find it interesting that Joe has chosen to use the 12AT7, nominally a higher gain tube, in the linestage -- selected for musicality -- while sticking with the FET/6922 in the phono stage -- I don't pretend to understand electronics engineering.
      Harvey
      Last edited by Unchilled; 06-24-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• JCOConnell
        JCOConnell commented
        Editing a comment
        many linestages use 12au7

IIRC the 12AT7 has considerably higher gain than the 12AU7. Not sure how it otherwise differs.

Comment

interested, if still available.

Comment

Working...
        X