Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent upgrades as of late...... With a few surprises to come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent upgrades as of late...... With a few surprises to come!

Some upgrading as of late. Current setup is a James Burgess 45/2A3 S.E.T. amplifier, easily interchangeable to Burgess Eiclone 6550 triode monoblocks, or EL34 monoblocks. A James Burgess tube preamp/phono stage, PeachTree Audio 65SE (serving as DAC), Modified AT1240 TT with AT33EV cartridge and Cardas wiring straight to the Burgess phono stage. Media is also served up via an Otari MTR10-2, Teac 1040Sl, Akai 280D-SS and Akai X-150D Reel to Reel machines, a PC music server with over 25 terabytes of Hi-Rez files, and plenty of great vinyl selections. All playing through a pair of 105db efficient Klipschorn loudspeakers with an 18” Velodyne sub crossed over around 40Hz. Room is 24x20x8.

I will be treating the room in the coming weeks finally. I also have two more bucket list pieces of gear coming. A pair of GPA Altec 604H III speakers, custom crossovers and Stonehenge cabinets along with some 300b Thorsten Loesch “Legacy” circuit inspired monoblocks to drive them.
    Lots of stuff!

What a great looking room!!! Awesome 🤘🏻
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Denon DP59-L/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Pioneer PL-50LII/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, Marantz NA6006/Pioneer N-50, Schiit Bifrost
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9, Velodyne FSR-15
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Yah, that looks like nothing but fun - where'd you place the sub?

Comment

Great to see another tape buff! The Otari is a nice machine. Also nice to see horns and SETs. Where are your tapes?

Larry
        Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
        Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
        Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
        Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
        Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
        Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
        Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Originally posted by astrotoy View Post
          Great to see another tape buff! The Otari is a nice machine. Also nice to see horns and SETs. Where are your tapes?

Larry
          In my office down the hallway there are vinyl and tape stored. I only have about 100 7" tapes, 25 10.5" 15ips tapes and around 500 lp's. Most of my music listening is done from hard drives and consists of over currently 30TB of HiRes files.
          Lots of stuff!

Comment

Comment

Congrats! Really nice looking and well thought out room. I am sure your system rocks!
              CJ Gat, Lamm ML1.1, CJ Tea1 S3 phono, TW Acoustics Raven AC, Tri-Planer MK Vll SE, Vdh Crimson Stradivarius, Exemplar Modded 205(Tube Version), Rockport Avior ll Speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000t,Triton V3, Shunyata Python Zitron IC's & Python Zitron Speaker Cables. Shunyata Sigma Power Cables, Audio Desk Pro LP Cleaner, Stillpoints, Stillpoints Aperture Panels & MG Corner Tunes.

Comment

Nice room.
                analog stuff.
                otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
                otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
                sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
                new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
                thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
                thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
                kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
                phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
                speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
                mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
                digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
                Dacs lampi various

Comment

After a long "break in" period my Stonehenge V cabinets with GPA Altec 604H II speakers and custom crossovers are home and sounding amazing.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8441resize.jpg Views:	8 Size:	263.4 KB ID:	125495
                  Lots of stuff!

Comment

Looks nice but I have to ask. Do you push the coffee table to the side when listening?
                    PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
                    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
                    Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Nope. I guess looks are deceiving because those speakers are 50" tall spaced 14ft apart on a 20ft front wall and listening position is way back. The coffee table is only 20 inches high and its way in front of my listening position though now that I look at it the way its shot does makes the table look huge as I did do a tight crop on the photo cut out a lot of the room.
                      Lots of stuff!

Comment

I have really been enjoying my horns. Done correct with good crossover components, they really shine. So not a Wilson sound. I have a friend with a couple different Altec horns. Such an alive and present energy. Simon and Garfunkel in central park or good Bob Dylan is hard to beat on his Altec.
                        PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
                        Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
                        Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Unexpected time off so it's been jazz all day.... set the lights for a blue mood this morning and before I knew it the day was done. Swapped out the 2A3's for some 45's today. Glorious midrange with either but it's fun to hear the 45's and how 1 watt per channel can sing so good!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed-23-resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	125887

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed-24-resize.jpg Views:	1 Size:	228.7 KB ID:	125886
                          Lots of stuff!

Comment

Holiday guests are now all gone and things are returning to normal. I am excited to get started on a full room treatment in the next weeks, but for now things are sounding better and better with each little upgrade over the last months. I am excited to hear what the room treatment brings.

Lots of stuff!

Comment

Hello

Good to read you interest.

Room treatment no doubt makes a difference and any support on layout from the various makers really makes it easy.

What’s on the opposite side of curtain wall?
                              Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
                              Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
                              Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
                              Speakers: Wilson Alexias
                              Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
                              Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 Amp Breakers on grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF receptacle packages | Surge Guard at Main Panel | Keces P3 & P8 | ADD POWR series
                              Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Comment

Working...
                              X