Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent upgrades as of late...... With a few surprises to come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Technica LP7 TT with an ATOC9XSl MC cartridge, Audio-Technica AT618 – Disc Stabilizer, FUNK FIRM Achromat 5mm – Platter Mat, IsoAcoustics OREA Indigo isolation feet, Wayne’s Audio SS- T Universal Turntable Periphery Stabilizing Outer Ring Clamp, and an Audio-Technica AT-LH13/OCC Headshell.
    Custom EL84 amp based on the Eico HF-81

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed (63)resize.jpg Views:	29 Size:	187.1 KB ID:	130046Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9030resize.jpg Views:	26 Size:	265.7 KB ID:	130047Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed (64)resize.jpg Views:	27 Size:	223.4 KB ID:	130048
    Last edited by charles hidalgo; 01-18-2020, 08:47 PM.
    Lots of stuff!

Comment

Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC
      Custom Preamp based on the Aikido circuit using 5687 tubes

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapseed-68-resize.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	130386

Name:	Snapseed-67-resize.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	130387
      Lots of stuff!

Comment

Name:	image_23179.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	133246 Goodies.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9640 (1)resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.1 KB ID:	133249Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed (74)resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.9 KB ID:	133245Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9634resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.7 KB ID:	133247Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed (77)resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	380.8 KB ID:	133248
        Lots of stuff!

Comment

How are you liking the Schiit Yggy compared to the Peachtree DAC? Are you replacing the K-horns?
          Beautiful room!
          SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
          DIGITAL - Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. Bluesound Node 2i streamer
          PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
          PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
          AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
          SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
          CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Originally posted by UltraFast69 View Post
            Hello

Good to read you interest.

Room treatment no doubt makes a difference and any support on layout from the various makers really makes it easy.

What’s on the opposite side of curtain wall?
            Another solid wall with an entry door.
            Lots of stuff!

Comment

First phase of room treatments. Full 8 foot corner traps , and cloud panels are on their way soon. These are 8" thick GIK monster traps with the optional scatter plates. The 20x24 room was very "live" and had some big low frequency spikes in a few areas areas. The traps smoothed them out dramatically and mid range benefited greatly with imaging and clarity really improving as a result of a less "muddy" and sometimes "boomy" bass. The room also has a tile floor so it was in need of absorption even though I added a few area rugs most thins like blankets and rugs etc are really not doing much if anything. The panels also have the optional scatter plates for diffusion so they absorb as much bass as possible without disturbing or over-absorbing the high end, which leaves life inside the room. I chose the very thick traps with the diffusion plates as they absorb up to 50% more low frequency (below 60Hz) and retains 75% more high end (from 400Hz and above). The room still needs some very thick shag carpeting as the small area rugs covering only about a third of the tile floor I have down are very thin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed-5-resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.8 KB ID:	136446

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapseed-4-resize.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	136447
              Lots of stuff!

Comment

Smart on the diffusion. What are the wooden horn type speakers? Hope I didn't miss you saying what they were.
                JLH

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanhorwich View Post
                  Smart on the diffusion. What are the wooden horn type speakers? Hope I didn't miss you saying what they were.
                  They are Altec 604H III's in custom Stonehenge cabinets.
                  Lots of stuff!

Comment

Working...
                X