No announcement yet.

Horns with house attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your kind words. I do love the Fidelity Research cartridges. In a way they remind me of my Ampex Reel to Reel machine.In a a/b other cartridges do better but as a complete music reproducer the FRs all have a honesty and completeness that make them so enjoyable. The FR 7 have this enormous heft that make other "big boned" performers ,like the EMT, seem puny.

On a different note I have for some time used a rear firing pair of JBL 2404 "baby butt" tweeters as rear firing ambient tweeters. I recently added a pair of the bigger JBL 2344/2425 "Dolly Partons" mid range driver/horns to this ensemble. After playing with various value L-Pad resistors this has made an enormous difference leaving two frequent visitors slack jawed.The harshness inherent in the JBL titanium drivers are totally negated by having them fire away from the listener while dropping their output sufficiently to make them almost inaudible adds tremendously to upper mid energy,improved soundstage precision and recorded ambience recovery.

I thought my ambient tweeter for horns were quite clever . Then I saw some old photos of Jean Hiraga doing similar with his Altec based speakers. Seems one can go nowhere in audio but to find M Hiraga has done it all before!

fullsizeoutput_716 by jdza, on Flickr

Comment

The room and system is just magnificent.

Comment

Thoroughly mauled by digital but this should at least give an idea what this horn system sound like from the listening chair. Please wear headphones and disregard the visual.

Comment

• Letsmakeadeal
          Letsmakeadeal commented
          Editing a comment
          So frickin cool..Even on my little Computer planars I can tell how awesome this is..You should sell tickets..OMG

• Tango
          Tango commented
          Editing a comment
          The sound is heartbeat raising!

• DetroitVinylRob
          DetroitVinylRob commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that sound! Bravo!

Nice!

Comment

You can’t explain the scale, speed and naturalness of large high end horns, people need to actually experience it. Sometimes more than once for some because the first time they hear it their minds is still hunting for the typical redundant audiophile cues and are dissatisfied while being amazed by only the music. Very nicely done!

david

Originally posted by JDZA View Post
          Thoroughly mauled by digital but this should at least give an idea what this horn system sound like from the listening chair. Please wear headphones and disregard the visual.
          Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
          Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
          Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
          http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
          http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

Finally did something about the television room. I could not call it a home theatre by any means although the speakers may be a little excessive?

The rear speakers

Comment

• david k
              david k commented
              Editing a comment
              Christmas decorations and lush garden with swimming pool which part of the world do you live in?
              david
          Working...
          X