Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timztunz Therapy Sessions

The sanctuary of decompression.......

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	59559Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	59566
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	59563
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	570.6 KB ID:	59555Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	910.4 KB ID:	59568Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	615.2 KB ID:	59567Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	59564Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	59562Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	59561Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	59560Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	59558Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	614.3 KB ID:	59557Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	601.0 KB ID:	59556
    Attached Files
    Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 for SACD / Bricasti M1 DAC for Redbook - Tascam 42B Refurbished - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - SCA Vesuvius II Enhanced Power Cords - Custom Furutech Interconnects/speaker cables - VPI 16.5 RCM - Assorted Shun Mook magic

Man, your room looks great. I've got wood for that Shun Mook--literally, I bought some ebony from a specialty wood supplier, but it's really not same stuff as the mpingo.
    Were you prompted by that discussion we had about 'rooms'?
    I retreat to mine sometimes when Liz has guests from her rowing club or other groups, or just when I want to chill out, even when I'm not listening. So "go to your room" is like throw me in the briar patch, if you remember Brer Rabbit (which I guess is no longer PC).

And, if you amortize the cost of a big city therapist over, say, what- 10 years, that system is paid for, assuming 5 hour long visits per week.

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the room discussion got me thinking I needed to update some photos after introducing the tape deck. Speaking of Brer Rabbit, that little ditty called "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit and Tar Baby" with Roy Buchanan and Stanley Clarke on "Loading Zone" is one of the best finger pickin' chase scenes ever recorded! I just love that! Yes, I tell my wife when I'm misbehaving that I need to be "sent to my room" and not return until my attitude improves. :-)

• Bill Hart
      Bill Hart commented
      Editing a comment
      Roy Buchanan used to play regularly in Pittsburgh when I was young, to the point where he really was regarded as a local player. I didn't appreciate him as much until much later, after his passing, which was sad. He opened for Little Feat in a show I caught back at their peak, with Lowell George. The one thing I distinctly remember about that show was how LOUD it was-- tickets were, I think, a dollar, with a student ID. Crazy.

nice set up. It would appear you and Jeff Catalano have made each other happy men How is the TW Acustic phono/line stages working out for you? they look very interesting on paper.

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      I can only hope that I've made Jeffrey a fractional piece of happy compared to how happy he's made me. I know it's probably cliche to say that the "gear gets out of the way of the music", but IMHO that is truly what's going on. I'm in awe.

Killer....Just frickin Killer system & room....So can you tell us if the Mook is really worth $3K? It is kinda like just sitting up there screaming, buy me, buy me. Your turntable is to die for! ..Love the RTR as well....I am up on the fence about getting one (RTR).....Just can't see buying the software to fuel it right now....Love your room...
    Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI Mag Drive / Rim Drive HRX w Avenger Reference footers, 2 - 12" VPI 3DR tonearms, 1 - 12" VPI Stainless Steel tonearm, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Truth Mod OPPO 105, Western Electric Speaker wire, DIY & Discovery interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks for your kind comments. I really can't recommend getting a RTR highly enough, it is beyond my expectations. But I feel obliged to caution you, in feeding this tape addiction the only thing that outpaces consumption of cash is consumption of shelf space! :-)

Shun Mook......I guess it boils down to one's definition of "$3k worth". I'm in the camp of thinking that most everything matters to some degree and that effects can be cumulative. I think this hobby can be quite constipated and frustrating if it's viewed as being full of absolutes. I think it's more full of exceptions. I don't think digital is always better, or analog. There are cases in my room on my system where I think a Redbook CD through my Bricasti M1 DAC sounds better than all other options. Sometimes SACD sounds better. Most of the time vinyl sounds better. I'm still pretty new into tape but so far I'm not sure I've found anything better, but the software is limited. But back to Shun Mook. I'm a believer in Shun Mook magic. I think the clamp aids in coupling the LP to the TW Acustic Platter Mat, if/when the LP is not perfectly flat. If an LP needs to be "held down" a little bit I think the presentation is more cohesive, connected with the clamp than without it. But I also use Mpingo discs all over the place! They all provide incremental improvements and I will never be without them again. Take them away and the sound changes, and to my ears not for the better. Of course and as always, IMHO.

Oh yeah, and I think the clamp looks cool.

Guess I didn't realize Silver Circle makes racks. What advantage did you see in theirs over an all SRA system? And yes, that room is the cats meow. And yes, I'd love to know the Shun Mook Clamp vs bare naked.
    TW Acustic TT with upgraded motor and controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Transfiguration Proteus Cart; iFi Phono 2; Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer; Hovland HP-100; Pass Labs 150.8 Amplfier; Revel Studio Ultima Loudspeakers; Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls; Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables; Schiitt Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD700 Headphones.

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Technically Silver Circle Audio did not make racks. But Dave Stanard (retired owner of SCA) is my best friend. As a younger man Dave was a cabinet maker and retained his woodworking skills and tools. He made the tall rack and used it at the 2009 RMAF. He's handy that way, I'm not. So after the show I talked him into letting me buy it. Then I got some Parasound JC-1's and talked him into making the short matching racks. Then one day, "Hey Dave, I need a LP rack." Not long after that, "How about a CD rack?" Dave has vowed to never, ever make me anything out of wood again. Apparently I'm a PITA. :-)

So there was never any actual comparison to SRA racks, which I'm sure are marvelous and I would LOVE to have one day. You can also see my comments to Letsmakeadeal about the Shun Mook clamp.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Is Dave actually making amps now?
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave is not actually making anything now, just enjoying the easy life of retirement. But he did make some pairs over the years, and they are quite remarkable. When he decided to retire I wanted to be sure that I got 2 of the last TCHAIK6's and he had two pair of 300B's. I snatched them both up. So I even have a backup pair!

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, know Dave closed down but had played with these amps for a while. Are they flea power or a little more?

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      12-13 watts each

Wonderful room, and equipment. I can't wait until I get to a point again where I can build a system around what Jeff Catalano offers, and the sound he is able to achieve at shows. Based on what I've heard at shows, I can only imagine how realistic your system sounds. Love the TW Acustic TT.
    [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Many kind thanks for your comments.

Simply lovely!

Comment

• timztunz
      timztunz commented
      Editing a comment
      Most appreciated.
Working...