Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Room

Here are some pictures of my new room at our house in TN:

SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Very nice. It looks great and I am sure it sounds even better.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Audio Research Phono 2SE; Analog: Basis 2200 Signature with Calibration Base, Vector 4 Tonearm, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC, Oppo BDP-105;

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'm very happy with the potential of this room.

great space Mark, congrats.

got to be sounding very good. i'm happy for you.

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike. It does sound good.

Very clever how you used those window alcoves behind your seat and then added what I assume are absorbers behind the main chair -- looks like a big room- you gonna have fun. how does it sound? Premature, knowing you'll probably tune it more as you settle in.....

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your kind comments. I'm very happy with the sound Bill. I think this room has a lot of potential. And, those are absorbers behind my chair.

Wow, looks great. Thanks for the pictures.
    Room 1, Room 2, Office

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Joe.

Thanks guys. The raw dimensions of the room are 25' W x 25' L x 8' H. And I say raw because you can see all of the offsets the room has that breaks up those dimensions. I knew the room had promise before I bought the house and I intended it to be my temporary room before I built a new room in my unfinished basement. I love how spacious this room is as it is bigger than my old room in Indiana. The room so far sounds really good. The soundstage is bigger and the bass is better. I have to admit that I do like having the racks off to a side of the room instead of behind the speakers. The noise floor of this room is very low which kind of surprised me since I am above ground. Take a look at the picture below that shows the front of my house. For reference, the two dormers you see in the front of my house are what you see from the picture of my room that shows the dormers in the rear of my room.

SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• jfrech
      jfrech commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats...great room and love the pics of your software ! PS, I bet mowing that lawn isn't to fun ...

Mep it looks great and I love Nola speakers too.
    Enjoy the room and your new home.

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Al. We are enjoying our new home.

Originally posted by dminches View Post
    Very nice. It looks great and I am sure it sounds even better.
    Off topic sorry. What tubes do you roll. Have you tried the eml mesh 2A3 ?

Comment

Looks great, very homeley, I could be happy there!

Btw, for us brits, is TN Tennessee?
      http://www.z-axisaudio.co.uk/

Comment

• mep
        mep commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, yes, TN=Tennessee.

Cool, Mark...Ah! A dedicated room
      Are you going to watch video there?
      Vbr,

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
        Looks great, very homeley, I could be happy there!

Btw, for us brits, is TN Tennessee?
        Vbr,

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by c1ferrari View Post
          Cool, Mark...Ah! A dedicated room
          Are you going to watch video there?
          No TV! This room is only for my system. My room in Indiana was also a dedicated stereo room.

Comment

• tima
            tima commented
            Editing a comment
            Bravo! Off to a fine start and nicely organized. Isn't it sweet to have a dedicated room.

• mep
            mep commented
            Editing a comment
            This is my fourth different home in 3 different states that I have had a dedicated listening room. And yes, it is sweet to have a dedicated listening room.

Congrats - great rook and kit.
          Magnepan 1.7i, VMPS Large Sub, Belden 5000 Speaker Cable, Rogue Audio Sphinx Integrated Amplifier, Jolida JD1000RC Integrated Amplifier, Dayton Audio APA 100 Amplifier, Celtic Dragon Interconnects, Crown SX 722 R/R, Fosgate Signature Phono Preamplifier, Clearaudio Solution Turntable, Clearaudio Satisfy Tone Arm, Clearaudio Concerto V2 Cartridge, Clearaudio Smart Syncro, Belkin AP41300 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, Monarchy Audio Power Cables, Transparent Power Cables

Comment

• mep
            mep commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Congratulations on the new room. The space and system look great.
          [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

• mep
            mep commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. I do like the added space I have now.

Looks really nice in that space. Thank you for posting these great photos. Do you have a preference between the VPI and SP-10 vinyl rigs? I'm guessing you're running one of these for mono?

Would also be interested in your thoughts about the ARC Ref 75 amplifier.

Thanks!
          Dynavector XX-2MK2, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

• tima
            tima commented
            Editing a comment
            With properly matched speakers, imo, the ARC Ref 75 and Ref 75SE may be the best amp in their current lineup.

• mep
            mep commented
            Editing a comment
            What I love about the Ref 75 in addition to the sound is the fact that it uses only one pair of output tubes per channel. This simplifies the amplifier circuit while reducing the cost of ownership for a tube amp for the duration of ownership. Plus, it's easier to match a single pair of tubes per channel than it is to get a great match across a quartet or octet per channel.

• Goheelz
            Goheelz commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's why I ask: I've heard the ARC Ref 75 with Vandersteen Trios. Sounded very good. Will the Ref 75 be enough to drive my Vandersteen 5A's? Or should I go with more tube power? I've got decent SS power now, but I *think* I want to optimize the Vandy 5A's with best-choice tube amplification. mep Good point about the simplicity and re-tubing thrift of the Ref 75.
        Working...
        X