My New Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool! Congratulations!
    Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 for SACD / Bricasti M1 DAC for Redbook - Tascam 42B Refurbished - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - SCA Vesuvius II Enhanced Power Cords - Custom Furutech Interconnects/speaker cables - VPI 16.5 RCM - Assorted Shun Mook magic

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Very nice Mark! I see lots of room for more vinyl!

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark. There is a story with how much vinyl I gave away before I moved because I knew it was just filler on my shelves and I wouldn't want to play it anymore and I didn't want to pack it and move it to my new home. Not to mention the 3000 LPs my father gave me that I also gave away before I moved. I'm not a fan of opera music.

Very nice system and room Mark! Enjoy in good health.

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike-Thanks so much for your kind comments. It was great to see you again at Mike's store in Sarasota for the debut of the Pacific DAC in Florida.

Just beautiful Mark, enjoy in great health! Lovely home too
    Sources: Mod. VPI Aries 3/mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90/mod. Pass XP-25; Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC; mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude; Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods) Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1; Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata CX Black Mamba HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music, Joe Phelps Insignia

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! We love our new home as well as living in the mountains of Tennessee.

Nice room! Does any of the abstract art conceal acoustic panels?

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      No. The artwork is from my younger sister. I think she is talented.

Nice job Mark, looks great. Im assuming this is your last listening room...for a while
    TT / Arm / Cart: Basis Audio Ovation / Rockport 6000 / VdH Colibri XCP Head Amp: Music Reference RM-4 Preamp: Audio Research SP-3 (Curcio) Power Amp: Marantz 8b Speakers: 1) Quad ESL 57 (McCollum) 2) Falcon LS3/5a / SVS PC-2000 (x2) Cable: DIY / Canare / Mogami / DH Labs

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Might still build one in the basement Rob.

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Really great room with a lot of space. Fully agree not having TV/Video. And a great house BTW. I guess that you have a wonderfull view from the top of the hill.

Comment

Awesome room Mep. Nice and spacious.

Comment

Great room! Wish I had that much space to work with.
        SOURCE: VINYL -VPI HR-X, 12.7 arm, ADS - Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Benz LPS-mr. DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/dac. PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2. AMPLIFIER: Audionet AMP monoblocks. SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures w/ YG binding post upgrade. CABLES: Audioquest and Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

[QUOTE=mep;n70587]Thanks guys. The raw dimensions of the room are 25' W x 25' L x 8' H. And I say raw because you can see all of the offsets the room has that breaks up those dimensions. I knew the room had promise before I bought the house and I intended it to be my temporary room before I built a new room in my unfinished basement. I love how spacious this room is as it is bigger than my old room in Indiana. The room so far sounds really good. The soundstage is bigger and the bass is better. I have to admit that I do like having the racks off to a side of the room instead of behind the speakers. The noise floor of this room is very low which kind of surprised me since I am above ground. Take a look at the picture below that shows the front of my house. For reference, the two dormers you see in the front of my house are what you see from the picture of my room that shows the dormers in the rear of my room.

Hi,
          First your new listening room looks great and enjoy all it has to offer
          I am a little confused is your new room in the basement or on the upper floor of your new home since you stated that the dormers are what you see in the alcoves from the inside of the room?
          Can you offer to me your thoughts on your SRA racks performance since it was incorporated as part of your system

Comment

• mep
            mep commented
            Editing a comment
            This room is on the top floor of my house. The SRA rack has been part of my system long before I moved from Indiana to Tennessee. The SRA racks are both functional and beautiful (IMO) and I am happy it's part of my system.

Great looking space. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by dcc View Post
            Really great room with a lot of space. Fully agree not having TV/Video. And a great house BTW. I guess that you have a wonderfull view from the top of the hill.
            Here is a view from the top of my street. You can see my house is on the right.
            SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Looking good, Mark.

Every day is a good day to play analog.
              12" 33.3/45rpm vinyl or 10.5" 15/30ips tape

Comment

• mep
                mep commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Andre!
            Working...
            X