Allen's System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen's System

Per Myle's request, adding some photos of my system and room.

After years of thinking I wanted a colored, romantic sound, I found, piece by piece, that neutral, balanced, flat components were meant for long term listening for me. Enter the Magico S5s:

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7K_6833_03.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	788

I also love components that are fast and exhibit ultra low noise. The Swiss and Germans excel in this area to my ears.

Name:	D7K_6862_02.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	789

I no longer have the C1 DAC having discovered the wonderful sound of analog. In its place is my one and only source in the room, the Kronos Sparta.

Name:	D7K_6881.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	790

Next stop in my journey: Planet R2R! It probably won't happen this year, given the crappy bonus and market. But it will happen one day. Already purchased my first R2R tape yesterday!

Attached Files
    Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Remarkable system Allen. Thanks for sharing.
    Marty

Comment

Thanks, Marty! I've been pretty happy with it thus far.

Comment

I have a question Allen. How do you keep your room so neat?

What tape did you get?

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Jacintha, Here's to Ben. Heard it at Mike's and I had to have it. Went back to the Shark Tank and saw an old post of yours to contact a Kevin Berg. Still don't know who he is, but emailed him and he secured the very last copy for me!

Thanks to you Myles, I now have on the best medium one of my favorite singers performing one of my favorite songs of theirs (Danny Boy). Just need to get a tape deck now.

Comment

Originally posted by allenh View Post
            Jacintha, Here's to Ben. Heard it at Mike's and I had to have it. Went back to the Shark Tank and saw an old post of yours to contact a Kevin Berg. Still don't know who he is, but emailed him and he secured the very last copy for me!

Thanks to you Myles, I now have on the best medium one of my favorite singers performing one of my favorite songs of theirs (Danny Boy). Just need to get a tape deck now.

Mark was playing that tape just this weekend!

Kevin works for Elusive Disc and also handles the importing and distribution of Fone, Opus 3 and Groove Note tapes. A good guy!
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
            -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
            -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
            -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by allenh View Post

its not a bad idea to acquire the tapes you want while they're still available even if you're not ready to play them, case in point the Jacintha. I think Ying was hesitant in putting out tapes which apparently were very limited...and bTW your system is bitchin'
              Simon Yorke | Channel D | Valvet | Wadia | Innuous | Avantgarde

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Thanks, Rob!

Indeedy. I purchased LPs way before I had a table again. And tapes are in much scarcer supply. Glad I got the Jacintha. Thinking about the Arnold Overtures and Exotic Dances from RR...
                Last edited by allenh; 02-03-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I have just finished looking at the members systems (all) and have to say this system is in the top five as far as no clutter in the front stage.

I've been looking for inspiration for a no equipment front wall, just loudspeakers.

A difficult decision for me because of room size and traffic pattern.

Thanks to all (including this system) for the inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                  X