WANTED: Mint/Near Mint Condition Mosaic Vinyl Box Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Mint/Near Mint Condition Mosaic Vinyl Box Sets

I'm looking to complete my Mosaic collection with these titles. Would anybody be willing to sell any of these? I'm looking for only mint/near mint condition LPs though. If they haven't been played, even better! Here's what I can afford including shipping to CA.

Mosaic
    #115 The Benny Morton/Jimmy Hamilton Blue Note Swingtets (1 LP) $15
    #124 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd (3 LPs) $75
    #147 The Complete Serge Chaloff Sessions (5 Q-LPs) $100
    #148 The Complete Capitol Small Group Recordings of Benny Goodman 1944-1955 (6 Q-LPs) -- I'm just missing LP 4, but I fear I'm going to have to buy the whole box again :-0 $125
    #149 The Complete Roulette Studio Recordings of Count Basie and His Orchestra (15 Q-LPs) $250
    #153 The Complete Aladdin Recordings of Charles Brown (7 Q-LPs) $150
    #157 The Complete Capitol Recordings Of George Shearing ( 7 Q-LPs) $100
    #159 The Phil Woods Quartet/Quintet 20th Anniversary Set (7 Q-LPs) $100
    #161 - The Complete Blue Note Andrew Hill Sessions (1963-66) (10 LPs) $200
    #166 The Complete Blue Note/UA Curtis Fuller Sessions (5 LPs) $100
    #175 The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of the Chico Hamilton Quintet (9 Q-LPs) $225
    #176 The Complete Capitol & Atlantic Recordings of Jimmy Giuffre (10 Q-LPs) -- I'm just missing LP 1, but I fear I'm going to have to buy the whole box again :-0 :-0 $250
    #178 The Complete Blue Note Blue Mitchell Sessions (1963-67) (6 Q-LPs) $125
    #179 The Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Sessions (6 LPs) $90
    #191 The Complete Columbia Recordings Of Miles Davis With John Coltrane (9 Q-LPs) $200
    #220 Miles Davis: The Complete Blackhawk Sessions (6 Q-LPs) $150
    #226 Miles Davis: The Complete 1963-1964 Columbia Recordings (10 Q-LPs) $200

good luck brother, from one completist to another I salute you. woulda, coulda, shoulda. I nearly had all of the Mosaic boxes (before the big sell off). Your list looks awfully familiar...regardless, the pursuit is half the fun and sooo addicting as you know
    Simon Yorke S10 + My Sonic Lab Eminent GL + B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | Simon Yorke S9 + Koetsu Rosewood Standard + AcousticPlan Phonomaster | Wadia X-32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      good luck brother, from one completist to another I salute you. woulda, coulda, shoulda. I nearly had all of the Mosaic boxes (before the big sell off). Your list looks awfully familiar...regardless, the pursuit is half the fun and sooo addicting as you know
      I didn’t realize that Mosaic reissued so many box sets!
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

I didn’t realize that Mosaic reissued so many box sets!
        I half heartedly wished they didn't Michael Cuscuna* was waaaay ahead of his time, had I not met my mentor re all things jazz music/collecting (Mike kaye) I would be a complete dolt and know nothing about Jazz music in general among other life's lessons...He and "Vernon" were so instrumental in my quest for musical nirvana.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cuscuna
        Simon Yorke S10 + My Sonic Lab Eminent GL + B.M.C. MCCI Signature ULN | Simon Yorke S9 + Koetsu Rosewood Standard + AcousticPlan Phonomaster | Wadia X-32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by bmusic View Post
          I'm looking to complete my Mosaic collection with these titles. Would anybody be willing to sell any of these? I'm looking for only mint/near mint condition LPs though. If they haven't been played, even better! Here's what I can afford including shipping to CA.

Mosaic
          #115 The Benny Morton/Jimmy Hamilton Blue Note Swingtets (1 LP) $15
          #124 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd (3 LPs) $75
          #147 The Complete Serge Chaloff Sessions (5 Q-LPs) $100
          #148 The Complete Capitol Small Group Recordings of Benny Goodman 1944-1955 (6 Q-LPs) -- I'm just missing LP 4, but I fear I'm going to have to buy the whole box again :-0 $125
          #149 The Complete Roulette Studio Recordings of Count Basie and His Orchestra (15 Q-LPs) $250
          #153 The Complete Aladdin Recordings of Charles Brown (7 Q-LPs) $150
          #157 The Complete Capitol Recordings Of George Shearing ( 7 Q-LPs) $100
          #159 The Phil Woods Quartet/Quintet 20th Anniversary Set (7 Q-LPs) $100
          #161 - The Complete Blue Note Andrew Hill Sessions (1963-66) (10 LPs) $200
          #166 The Complete Blue Note/UA Curtis Fuller Sessions (5 LPs) $100
          #175 The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of the Chico Hamilton Quintet (9 Q-LPs) $225
          #176 The Complete Capitol & Atlantic Recordings of Jimmy Giuffre (10 Q-LPs) -- I'm just missing LP 1, but I fear I'm going to have to buy the whole box again :-0 :-0 $250
          #178 The Complete Blue Note Blue Mitchell Sessions (1963-67) (6 Q-LPs) $125
          #179 The Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Sessions (6 LPs) $90
          #191 The Complete Columbia Recordings Of Miles Davis With John Coltrane (9 Q-LPs) $200
          #220 Miles Davis: The Complete Blackhawk Sessions (6 Q-LPs) $150
          #226 Miles Davis: The Complete 1963-1964 Columbia Recordings (10 Q-LPs) $200

Have you tried Discogs? That's the obvious place to start. Your pricing might be a tad optomistic though.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?la...z&format=Vinyl

"I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands

Cabling: Handmade interconnects, Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

Originally posted by shawnwes View Post

Have you tried Discogs? That's the obvious place to start. Your pricing might be a tad optomistic though.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?la...z&format=Vinyl
            I've gotten most of the ones I wanted from discogs. These are the ones that I haven't seen at a reasonable price in the U.S. for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Thanks -- I fear I've missed most of the big sell offs! I've only gotten back into vinyl in the last few years so I'm very fortunate to have found most of the Mosaic vinyl box sets at reasonable prices in the last year

Comment

Working...
              X