Manhattan Luxury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhattan Luxury

Yes a car. But Heidi and I decided we needed a car with the pandemic and both of not yet ready to take public transportation to get around.

Funny enough, not a whole lot of availability given the pandemic and chip shortage. We actually wanted to buy a hybrid but Toyota isn't even taking orders on the Camry hybrid. So we ended up with a 2021 Camry SE. Nice ride, fully loaded (save for moon roof) and comes with all of Toyota's safety driving features.. Have to say all the internal controls a little overwhelming.

New baby is tucked away in the garage and hope to take out on highway Tu or Wed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210830_135745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	157079 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210830_140053.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	157075 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210830_135825.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	157076 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210830_135802.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	157077 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210830_135754.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	157078
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Wow, really great, enjoy it! I bet parking is cheap. I heard Mercedes go for $4K over asking, Toyota 1K, BMW sticker, Volvo +2K, etc
    Analog: VPI Aries 3, custom suspension + platter interface || Magnetically stabilized JMW 10.5i || Ortofon A90 || Modded & fully shielded Pass XP-25 || Last gen VPI SDS speed controller || Magnum Dynalab MD-90SE/105 Digital: Spectral 4000SV Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV || DMA-500AR Speakers: Heavily modded MartinLogan (custom Mundorf dual xover, cabling, woofers, xformer; structural mods) || Modded REL sub Cabling: Fully shielded MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X,90.1 || Shunyata Alpha v2 Power: Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2, Venom XC and NR cords, SR-Z1 outlets, PS10, Typhon. Tweaks: Isodamp, mumetal, 3M AB5100, Dynamat, Copper foil; Vishay diodes, resistors, Mundorf coils & capacitors

Main System Link
    Second System Link

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn’t surprise me. Even pre-owned models were gone back to 2019. Though might be different story with SUVs since they seemed to have larger stock of them. Maybe even snag a hybrid SUV more easily than sedan.

Congratulations, Myles.

The act of getting a new car is sometimes an annoyance. I'm glad you navigated the process and came out on the other end satisfied.

Dre

P.S. I had to do it twice this year. Both cases were straightforward but still annoying nonetheless.
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.
    Every day is a good day to listen to music.
    Industry Affiliation:
    Contributing Writer, The Absolute Sound

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, wanted to make it as pain free as possible.

Congrats on the car Myles!
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Nice - good you've garage space. I find it weird how many park on the street around me, with two-car garages feet away. Quickest way to ruin a car, street parking.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes parking only costs the equivalent of one tape a month. 😉

great choice Myles. I'm on my first Toyota and its been the best car I've ever owned from the standpoint of reliability and running costs--by far! I'm sure you'll have similar luck.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the Camry is almost always the top rated mid-sized sedan. What is it? 17 out of the last 20 years?

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      honda accordian

People reading Myles’s post and living outside of NYC may not know what a big deal it is to be a Manhattan dweller and buying a car. Just finding a place to park it can be a major issue not to mention the monthly costs. A number of years ago I was parked in a garage on the upper east side and saw monthly rates of $150 for a BICYCLE! You have made a great choice of wheels Myles. I have had 3 Camrys since 1989 and now a 2014 Prius which has been the most reliable trouble free of the 4 Toyotas and the Camrys were great giving you some idea of how terrific the Prius has been. Don’t freak out when you get a door ding from someone opening their door into yours. That’s not just city life it’s driving life.
    Turntable: TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Harmonix-Combak platter mat & weight; PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamp; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner.
    Digital: Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer
    Amplification: PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamp, VTL 6.5 preamp Series II, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp
    Loudspeakers: Piega C711 Loudspeakers
    Isolation: Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls
    Misc: PS Audio Noise Harvesters, Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator, Synergistic Research 12 UEF SE Line Conditioner, Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cords, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates, Synergistic Research Orange Outlet, Furutech NCF Booster Braces, Audio Art Ref IC, synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria Level 3 Balanced ICs, Synergistic Research Euphoria Level 3 Speaker Cables, Synergistic Research Cable Risers.

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD800s Headphones.

Comment

• Slowgeezr
      Slowgeezr commented
      Editing a comment
      My 2014 BMW doesn't have a single door ding on it. My wife's 2021 Volvo has a nice big car door ding, already. Just luck of the draw. Big city life will always ensure car door dings.

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Look forward to having for a couple of years.

Thank goodness we have a bicycle room in the building!

Enjoy the extra monthly rent check to store your new baby, but then there is no price tag on safety these days.

Comment

Little trip up the Hudson River Valley to New Paltz. Lots of flooding up there from the aftermath of Hurricane Ida. Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1630712000168.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	157417
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Working...
      X