• Show
Clear All

NHL Playoffs - First Round match-ups. -------> Starts April 12, 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	NHL 2017 Playoff Scedule.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	50367
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
      Johnny Vinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Canadian teams are back!

On the surface one would think the Toronto Maple Leafs don't stand a chance against the Capitals, but you'd be wrong.

HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
    Washington: 2-1-0
    Toronto: 1-1-1

I think this will go 6 games, although the CAPS will prevail.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Not too psyched because just can't see Rangers going too far in the playoffs.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
        Johnny Vinyl commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the HABS will take this series.

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, 'fraid so. Lundquist has been showing signs of age this year and along with injuries, has been way too inconsistent. You want a hot goalie coming into the playoffs. Not to mention the defense in front of him has been kinda porous at times.

• Johnny Vinyl
        Johnny Vinyl commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you about Lundquist and playoff hockey is all about goaltending...that's really what wins Stanley Cups. BTW..I've always been a big fan Hendrik!

Obviously a bit bummed out about the 2-0 loss to the Rangers, but I'm not panicking just yet. Too many turnovers by the HABS, excellent goaltending by Lundquist and a solid defensive effort to help him out. HABS looked frustrated. Over 90 hits during this game....damn!

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Who knows? Maybe the King has something left in the gas tank and was saving it for the playoffs.

Rangers-Habs down to best two of three.

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
        Johnny Vinyl commented
        Editing a comment
        Great series so far! Almost had the tie with seconds remaining when Shea Weber dinged one off the post. The King was superb last night.

• Steve Lefkowicz
        Steve Lefkowicz commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime you get Price and Lundquist at opposite ends of the rink it will be a good game!

Non hockey but who thought the Celtics would be down 2-0 to the Bulls???

Comment

In two or three years the cup final will be Oilers vs Leafs...
        Steve Lefkowicz
        Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
        --------------------------------------------------------
        http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...ounding-system

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't doubt that for a second.

And Rangers take the first round series 4-2. Next up Senators starting 4/27.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
          Johnny Vinyl commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't checked the performance stats of when they faced each other this year, and I suppose it doesn't matter since playoffs are an entirely different game. If play comes anywhere close to the Habs series then this should be awesome.......I have my doubts though.

OILERS are up 2-0 versus the DUCKS. I'll be honest...never saw that coming! I guess this team is for real after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
          OILERS are up 2-0 versus the DUCKS. I'll be honest...never saw that coming! I guess this team is for real after all.
          I didn't either, but my son called it. He picked Pens vs Oilers in the final with the Pens winning, and the same two teams next year with the Oilers winning. He reminded me of the history with Oilers first two trips to the finals against the Islanders back in the early 1980s. McDavid is probably going to prove to be one the greatest players ever.
          Steve Lefkowicz

Comment

CAPS outshoot the PENS by a significant margin, but hitting the post/crossbar something like 4 times didn't do them any favours. Still, PENS were dominant and Fleury was killer in between the pipes. Miracles do happen, but not this time. CAPS are done.

RANGERS are in the same sinking ship. SENS Pageau gets 4 goals which allows them to come back from a 2-goal deficit in the third and take the game in double OT.

Looks very much like a PENS-SENS matchup in the next round. PENS are going back to the Final.

Comment

CAPS outshoot the PENS by a significant margin, but hitting the post/crossbar something like 4 times didn't do them any favours. Still, PENS were dominant and Fleury was killer in between the pipes. Miracles do happen, but not this time. CAPS are done.

RANGERS are in the same sinking ship. SENS Pageau gets 4 goals which allows them to come back from a 2-goal deficit in the third and take the game in double OT.

Looks very much like a PENS-SENS matchup in the next round. PENS are going back to the Final.
              We'll see as the Rangers come home. But they were leading both games one and two and let them slip away. Game two was a gut wrenching loss.

Comment

OILERS need to win at home next game. If not, they reduce their chances for a series win significantly. I can't see the DUCKS losing 2 more at home. McDavid continues to amaze though.

Comment

OILERS need to win at home next game. If not, they reduce their chances for a series win significantly. I can't see the DUCKS losing 2 more at home. McDavid continues to amaze though.
                  Though I saw my first minor league game in 1967, I've been living and breathing the sport since 1969. McDavid is one of the most exciting players to happen in hockey since I've been watching. I think he will end up being discussed in the same regard as Orr, Gretzky, and Lemieux, and over overshadow Crosby within a year or two. Only issue is the way the game is played these days, there isn't the chance he will change the way the game is played the way Orr, Gretzky, or Lemieux did.

Orr changed the fundamental way defensemen played, and Gretzky and Lemieux forced the rise of modern goaltending techniques. Not sure what the next big change will be.
                  Steve Lefkowicz

Comment

Sidney Crosby has been diagnosed with another concussion...his 5th one.

Sidney - Please retire. Your health is so much more important.

Comment

Working...
                    X