Finally Retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Retired

After 42 years of working for the same employer, this is my first week as a retiree. It feels strange right now not having to get up and go to work M-F, but I will get used to it. Immediate plans are buying a house in eastern TN, selling our house, and then moving to TN. High on my worry list is finding a house that I will have a suitable music room. I have been spoiled for years with my stereo room because it is sound isolated from the rest of the house and I never have to worry about hearing those dreaded words from your spouse (Turn it down!). I built an addition onto my house so I could have the dedicated stereo room.and now I'm going to have to try and pull off a second act.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Congrats. Take up golf, join a golden whatever club and walk around the mall, and get ready for the nursing home.

Just kidding. It's fun to have a real life after a life of toil. Not that it's completely stress free, but man, you'd be amazed at how much life there is outside of "work-work."

Comment

Congrats Mark !!!
      It's took me a couple years to get used to it. I started drinking more....bad....so I gave it up completely 17 months ago.
      Christian
      System Gear

Comment

• mep
        mep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! If I had your cars I would never drink again!

Thanks guys. Bill, you had me going for a minute.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Keep busy and don't get old Mark, enjoy it!

david
        Manufacturer: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack
        Distribution: NEODIO

Special Sales: van den Hul
        Industry Representation: Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformer, Venta Airwasher

Unique Items: Vintage Horn Speakers
        http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...stening-room-1
        http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/ti...earfield-setup

Comment

• mep
          mep commented
          Editing a comment
          I plan on staying busy David.

#1 - Congratulations

#2 - I am insanely jealous ;-)

Comment

• mep
          mep commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mark! It's been a long haul.

Me too, how can you afford it? No way I can.

Comment

Congratulations Mark!

Hope your plans go smoothly and that your retirement is blessed with all the good life has to offer.
          Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

Originally posted by Asamel View Post
            Me too, how can you afford it? No way I can.
            I don't quite know how to answer that. I guess it depends on your job/career.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
              Congratulations Mark!

Hope your plans go smoothly and that your retirement is blessed with all the good life has to offer.
              Thanks Johnny!

Comment

Get a house with a basement if possible, Mark. Good going on your retirement.

Comment

Welcome to the world of endless Friday nights! Congratulations!
                  SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
                  DIGITAL - Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Roon Nucleus w/EAT Lps power supply. Auralic Aires G1
                  PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
                  PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
                  AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
                  SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) JL Audio F112 V2 (x2)
                  CABLES: Kubala-Sosna, Kubala Sosna Xpander.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Should I take a nap or just pour myself another beer?
                    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

• tom_hankins
                      tom_hankins commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Naps are always a nice option. Its great being able to watch the late NHL games.

• Johnny Vinyl
                      Johnny Vinyl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm with ya Tom!

Best wishes for an enjoyable retirement. Sometimes I think that when I retire (10-15 years away for me) I'll have to start finding homes for the too-many LPs that I've got on hand. In the mean time, good listening to you.
                    Lyra Kleos SL, Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

Enjoy Mark! Keep us posted on how the journey and process goes. More time to be on Audionirvana, I guess

Comment

Working...
                      X