Who do you know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you know

in my business I see many faces some old and many new ones. Of the new ones and perhaps some old I find a fondness for them if they look like someone you know and like already. This often is the case in audio I'll bet as well.
    If I see a set of speakers that has a look of past owned or heard and liked designed it helps like the new ones too. Does anyone feel this way too.
    analog stuff.
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Yes I do,
    I love vintage speakers, I just picked up a 1958 15 " Jensen alnico guitar speaker with the original felt dust cover cap and solid paper surround, I put it in a bass reflex cabinet with some damping and placed it in my system at the center channel playing from 40 hz to 2200 hz, using a 1959 Mc'Intosh MC 40 mono amp. I used western electric oil soaked cloth covered tin plated copper wire for the speaker cable, also designed in the 50's. These are the elements that Elvis, Chuck, Jerry Lee, and all the others played through during the early years, I just love the sound of this mid range driver it just gives me chills, maybe it is Nostalgia.

Comment

lol it's makikg you happy that's really what a hobby should do. I have some vintage audio as well. Some stuff I built when I was about 30 years old or so. Halfler amps and preamp. My present amps on my main system are old Aragon's 8008BB. not that new but not as old as the krell before them and my speakers are pretty old too. Main system is IRS v setup. All redone of Course.
      analog stuff.
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
      otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
      sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
      new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
      thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
      thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
      kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
      phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
      speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
      mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
      digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
      X