MSN Canada removes the ability to comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN Canada removes the ability to comment

I have MSN Canada set as my homepage. Up until yesterday users had the ability to comment via their Facebook account on the majority of articles they linked to.

This is the notice that's now posted at the end of every article:

MSN has temporarily removed commenting on our websites while we explore better ways for you to engage in discussion on the issues you care about.
    Frankly I wasn't surprised they did this. The comments were becoming increasingly more vitriolic and worse. Some of the reaction to my comments have included personal threats and wishes for my demise. I'm not personally bothered or concerned about this, but I have no doubt many others who have received those kinds of abhorrible responses do worry about it.

I miss the opportunity to engage in the issues I care about, but I completely understand the decision MSN Canada took.

There is a workaround to all of this as items posted on MSN via the Facebook feeds are open to comment. Sadly the vitriol continues there and I wonder if soon Facebook will not allow the ability to comment.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Seems to be a serious illness going round the world doesn't it?
    Turntable: TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Harmonix-Combak platter mat & weight; PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamp; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner.

Digital: Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

Amplification: PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamp, VTL 6.5 preamp Series II, Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Loudspeakers: Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Isolation: Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Misc: PS Audio Noise Harvesters, Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator, Synergistic Research 12 UEF SE Line Conditioner, Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cords, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates, Synergistic Research Orange Outlet, Furutech NCF Booster Braces, Audio Art Ref IC, MIT Oracle IC, synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria Level 3 Balanced ICs, Synergistic Research Euphoria Level 3 Speaker Cables, Synergistic Research Cable Risers.

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD800s Headphones.

Comment

I have seen a lot of hate, massive bullying and if you watch the news even murder on some of these social sites. Yes it's an illness and it sure gives the real cowards in life a platform to preach their hate and institute their bully tactics on others. Yep thank the internet for that. A place that once provided a platfrom to "learn things" now also gives into the era of violence and hate on a global scale.
    Chris
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
      Johnny Vinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      You even see it with the sports content. Was f'ugly when the PK Subban/Shea Weber trade was announced.

Get off the Net. Do community oriented stuff. Fuck the "news." (or at least read ZeroHedge if you want to go full throttle).
    Non-political statement disclaimer.

Comment

• Johnny Vinyl
      Johnny Vinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      Easier said than done for this news junkie. I'm not always active on the pages I follow, athough to some it appears I am. I just don't close them or sign off. Still, I do spend too much time on the web.
Working...
X