Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As long as someone mentioned Scotch Whiskey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as someone mentioned Scotch Whiskey....

Typically my preferred tipple is Mccallen 18 year old although I do keep a bottle of the 25 year old handy. The 15 year Mccallen Fine Oak triple barrel has its' place too. Some of the other suspects are Gelnmorangie 18, Glenfiddich 18, Tomintuol 16, Balvanie 21, Glenrothes (date not specified) and Dalwhinney. There are a few others floating around too.

Never cared for the barely to be roasted over peat fires like Laphroig, tastes like smoke and creosote but YMMV.

Preferred method of consumption is with a dash of actual spring water in a mildly chilled glass with a mildy chilled scotch ball.

I avoid blended whiskeys as they tend to be blended from whiskeys that are not considered good enough to stand on their own as a single malt. Their flavor may be artificially altered with additives. For instance, Mccallen only keeps the best 20% of a run for their whiskey and sells the rest to blenders as unfit to put their name on.

A fine evening is cranking the tunes while sipping a scotch and lighting up a Padron 90th Maduro. My doctor say I should give it up but I've given up: racing motorcycles which is insane fun: women since I always managed to pick the interesting ADHD bipolar psychotic ones: and finally rock climbing since I got older and don't have the physical tools anymore. Life without something interesting is just living. Well, I do have a bike out in the garage that is a restoration project....

+1 on the Padron, but I will take mine with some great sippin' Bourbon like Makers Mark or Booker's...Just never came to like Scotch for some reason....
    Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, Dunlavy SC4s, VPI HRX Reference w Avenger mag drive and Reference footers, Gimbal Fatboy, Yamaha GT2000 for Mono, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Audio Note UK- 3.1X II balanced DAC, Meridian Sooloos, Western Electric Speaker wire, mostly diy balanced interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

All good choices. My favorites at the moment are Longmorn 16, Tobermory 15 and Springbank 18.

Bourbon also good choices currently. Hillrock, Weller, and Jeffersons.

Rum is my current go to; Diplomatico just about anything they make.

Illegal Mezcal Anejo is excellent if your tastes run that way.
      Turntable: - 1. Fairchild 750/OMA slate plinth
      2. Analog Engineering AE-2008 MinusK support.
      Tonearm: 1. Schroder Custom
      2. Schick 12"
      3. Abis SA-1
      Cartridge: Miyajima Kansui and Premium BE Mono
      PhonoPre: AprilSound LR, EMIA Strain Gauge, EMIA silver SUT
      CD: Wadia 860x
      Server: Innuos Zen Mini Mk3
      DAC: Computer Audio Design 1543 Mk2
      Preamp: Bent Audio TAP-X w silver autoformers
      Amplifier: AprilSound SET50 monoblocks
      Speaker: Pioneer PAX-30C

Comment

Originally posted by Rust View Post
        A fine evening is cranking the tunes while sipping a scotch and lighting up a Padron 90th Maduro.
        Ah finally, a cigar lover! I tought I was the only one here. Stoped smoking non Cuban cigars decades ago. Perhaps I should give Padrons, Opus X, Davidoffs and similar another try...
        Source: Kuzma XL DC/4Point 14 inch/CAR60; Phono: Zanden 1200 Signature; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: Zanden 3000 Mk2; Power amp: Lamm 1.2 Reference; Speakers: AlsyVox Botticelli; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite NG; Cable system: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty; Power strip: Cardas Nautilus; Power filter: P.I Audo: BUSS Depot; Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik AB (SMT);

Comment

• Rust
          Rust commented
          Editing a comment
          Have been for a number of years. I generally find cigar smokers to be a convivial lot and am fortunate enough to have a local cigar lounge given the smaller city I live in.

Cigars and scorch go together period.
        I love dark rich flavor cigars. The issue is where to smoke it. At one point with the first wife I had an exhaust system via a hose to my coach. I ex hailed into it.
        Now new wife no cigars in the house lol. She is roght as they stink way too much indoors.
        Up here in NYC I do smoke inside my place but I don't do it daily. It's more a now and then. When I do even the house keeper mentions it to me lol.
        Aa scotch yes McAllen is njce now having said that only the 25 year is like blue and much more expensive
        18 year while nice is not as smooth even plat in my opinion.
        I know the stigma of blended verses single malt and I agree it's cool to know it's one barrel aged for that many years. Now price is just going nuts on McAllen and I have read it's due to lower inventory. Blended I feel is a more ideal way to keep price down and have a consistent flavor

I have had a bunch of bottles in front of me sipping them
        walker
        blue
        plat
        black better than 15 McAllen

McAllen
        15 that is horrible

please post your observations as there is. NO absolutes
        its choices.
        Alao room temp and a splash does yield the most flavor I feel.
        I do enjoy a cold heavy glass chilled or cold rocks.
        Ice ruins the real flavor if you ask me.
        analog stuff.
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
        sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
        thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
        kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
        phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Woman without saying who or what reg me I can give these observations.
          One I have ADHD just recently diagnosed. Us ADHD people have many virtues one is sex we make great sex partners.
          Having said this it's a two to three year cycle no matter what you do. This means you have two to three years to enjoy the sex aspect of the relationship. After that what you have left is the comanality of the relastiinahip.
          Notice the word chosen not compatibility but commonality
          being compatibile is part of the first one.
          Your choices are based on what's a natural attraction to you. After time as said above this attraction where's off
          what's left is why they may not work out.
          I like loving caring types but not needy although I have to be needed.
          Sex and good conversation go together and must be both before and after and during sex.
          Wnat to know what's left in the non sex part.
          Jerkoff before you take her out to diner. Willing to bet if you enjoy her your past the prime time and do have compatibility with her. If you don't have a good time
          your done already but will. It admit it.
          My present wife of 20 years or so I do enjoy good conversation with sex is not important.
          Just some of my own observations and not meaning to be vulgar or offensive in this. I am one who loves to read and share parts of our lives that most don't talk about.
          Its truly a shame as most men muddle through life not sharing what they really think. I have always had many female friends for this reason. Woman are more willing to share honesty where men all have big dicks
          woman make for better conversation for the most part.
          analog stuff.
          otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
          otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
          sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
          new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
          thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
          thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
          kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
          phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
          speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
          mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
          digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
          Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
          X