ST:Picard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST:Picard

I've just viewed episode number one of Star Trek: Picard. And now I'm looking forward to episode number two. It seems that Picard, the old man, is about to go on an adventure. Perhaps other old folks like myself will enjoy this new journey of the now retired octogenarian and former Admiral Picard. The story line appears to offer much promise. The CGI appears first class. And there are Romulans.
    -Steve
    webmaster at The Analog Dept.
    system list:Classe' CAP 151 integrated, Carver TX-11b Tuner, NHT 2.9 Speakers, Thorens TD124 ( plus other Thorens models), Otari MX-5050 BII-2 R2R, Jolida JD100 cd player, ML-9600 digital recorder

Plus 1.

Enjoyed the first episode and even how they answer about what happened to Data in Nemesis. Guess B4 was too primitive. How great is it to have two Star Trek series?
    Star Trek fans shouldn’t expect to see too many faces from Star Trek: The Next Generation in the first season of Star Trek: Picard. We already know that Jonathan Frakes will be back as Will Riker and Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi. Brent Spiner also returns as Data, who’s legacy plays a big role [...]
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• user510
      user510 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I only viewed Nemesis once, and that was in the Theater when the movie initially came out. So a refresher was due and I viewed it this evening. (TUBI internet stream) Now I recall that the movie did have its dramatic nail-biting moments. Alas, Data was all too human in his self-sacrifice to not only save the Enterprise and her crew, but indeed that android saved Earth itself.
      I note also an early performance by Tom Hardy in the leading bad-guy role.
      -Steve
Working...
X