Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Well wasn't in January but starts this Fall!!! Star Trek Discovery.

http://once.unicornmedia.com/now/mas...AMplayertime=0

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post

TNG had many fine shows, as well as its fair share of stinkers. They did do about 180 episodes after all. The main characters of the show were strong.
    TNG is my second favorite Star Trek. Patrick Stewart was awesome and when you look back, they introduced a lot of species seen in later series like the Borg. Borg didn't make much of an impression back then but came to be a major player in the Voyager. Same goes for the Ferengi.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Waiting for the next season of Defiance. Hopefully starts in June along with The Last Ship, another good summer Sci-Fi Show.

• SpectralMorn
    commented on 's reply
    First season of B5 was ok, but definitely got much better. Initially I was sceptical of BG but grew to like it, I sort of got Caprica but alas it got the chop before the story could be finished.

Defiance is excellent.

• JCOConnell
    replied
    Originally posted by SpectralMorn View Post

I liked it and there are some outstanding stories The Inner Light perhaps being one of the finest stories that was ever produced by any Star Trek show.
    TNG had many fine shows, as well as its fair share of stinkers. They did do about 180 episodes after all. The main characters of the show were strong.

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied

I liked it and there are some outstanding stories The Inner Light perhaps being one of the finest stories that was ever produced by any Star Trek show.
    The only thing disappointing about the show is it was shot on video, not film and the picture quality is very soft by todays standards.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied

I agree most of the Fan made Star Trek is painful, bad acting, rubbish stories, poor effects but Continues and Phase Two have begun to progress past that stage and the more recent stories are reasonably good. Axanar if it ever gets made will I think be very good. Prelude is a bit forced in places, but overall very good.

I liked Enterprise but it was the later seasons that got going, and then it was killed off. I like Voyager and DS9 but its the original series I like most.

Probably my favourite Sci fi series is Babylon 5.
    Babylon 5 got much better in the latter seasons. I also like Battlestar Galactica but the final episode sucked. Caprica just never made a whole lot of sense.

I actually like a couple of new Sci Fi shows such as Defiance.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpectralMorn
    replied
    Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
    Am I the only one who liked ST:TNG?

Leave a comment:

• SpectralMorn
    commented on 's reply
    It was called Crusade, it was cancelled half way through the season. Several further attempts with B5 related material also failed, Legend of the Rangers and Lost Tales.

• JCOConnell
    replied
    Am I the only one who liked ST:TNG?

Leave a comment:

• Garth
    commented on 's reply
    I liked B5 and the spinoff show can not remember the name only lasted one year.

• SpectralMorn
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

I understand your concerns as a hard core Trekkie. There were clearly breaks with the time line and what went before especially with the last movie. I though the first JJ directed Into the Darkness was good but no where as good as what I consider the best Star Trek movie done to date First Contact.

I watched some of these other Star Trek series on line and honestly, most of them are painful to watch. And I followed how CBS/Paramount came down on Axanar. The Star Trek series book were more interesting.

Star Trek with Scot Bakula just sadly never took off for whatever the reason. They didn't seem to want to give it time to develop or find the best writing team say as the did with Voyager which became markedly better in the last three or so seasons.

We shall have to wait and see.

I agree most of the Fan made Star Trek is painful, bad acting, rubbish stories, poor effects but Continues and Phase Two have begun to progress past that stage and the more recent stories are reasonably good. Axanar if it ever gets made will I think be very good. Prelude is a bit forced in places, but overall very good.

I liked Enterprise but it was the later seasons that got going, and then it was killed off. I like Voyager and DS9 but its the original series I like most.

Probably my favourite Sci fi series is Babylon 5.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    What I loved about DS9 was it had the largest battles between fleets of any of the Star Trek. And the USS Defiant was really cool and what they really never said about the ship is that they were waiting to capture a Borg ship and outfit the ship with the transwarp drive. Plus the shapeshifter, the Jem'Hadar and the Bajoran mysticism, wormhole, etc. made for a great series. DS9 was actually supposed to be what Roddenbury actually envisioned Star Trek to be.

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by david k View Post

Well, that was in many ways the weakest series of the lot and for many not even a real Star Trek franchise. Unlike every other ST this one had only a single plot, "get home", the characters were flat, predictable and boring (hey that was JJ's ST movie !) and for good measure they added 7 of 9 to keep the 13 year olds happy. Like many other JJ tv series after a while the ending gets rushed into even worse crap. No new plots, characters stories like the other ST's and unlike the rest a known ending from the get go.

Remember this cast of losers? Kes, Neelix, Kim, Tom Paris, Chakotay, urrrggh… Even their Vulcan sucked!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n15663[/ATTACH]

david

To be fair, you have to divide Voyager in the first 2 or 3 seasons at which point they switched writers and the show became much, much better. I still love species 8472 from fluidic space and when the Borg tried to attack them. And 7 of 9 was great and her hunt for perfection episode. Voyager was actually pretty good the first season with what was going on in the Badlands, then waned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X