Two New Alzheimer Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two New Alzheimer Studies

Non-drug interventions. Fascinating if results hold up to scrutiny.
    An encouraging study finds that there are things people can do — apart from taking drugs — that can lower the risk of dementia even among those with high risk genes
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

My Mother in Law has severe dementia Myles. She is 94. She showed early signs about 4 years ago. There is no one I know who lived a cleaner life. Low fat diet, ran and medaled in her age group many races including two or three NYC Marathons. Even had a short appearance in a Nike TV commercial and honored at a NYRR gala event. Played tennis too. Nevertheless here she is and she doesn’t know my wife, her own daughter. I read this article and I have read so many articles connecting diet and exercise to cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc. I think it’s case by case and random. I’m not in any way saying we shouldn’t eat well, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. In the end for many of us it comes down to genetics and the unknowns in the genome.
    TW Acustic TT with Ref motor & controller; Tri-Planar Arm; Ortofon Windfeld-Ti Cartridge, Harmonix-Combak platter matte & weight; Arcam R Phono Preamp

Bluesound Vault-2 Music Server & Streamer

VTL 6.5 preamp
    Pass Labs 150.8 Amp

Piega C711 Loudspeakers

Symposium Osiris Rack; Symposium Platforms and Roller Blocks plus grade 2.5 Balls

Acoustic Revive RR-888 Low Frequency Pulse Generator

Shunyata Hydra 8; Shunyata AC Cords; Synergistic Research Level 3 HC AC Cord and Level 3 power cord, Synergistic Carbon fiber wall plates & Blue Outlets, Furutech NCF Booster Brace, Audio Art Ref balanced ICs, MIT Oracle IC and Magnum Speaker Cables

Sennheiser HDV 650 Headphone Amp; Sennheiser HD800s Headphones; KLAudio Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by 1morerecord2clean View Post
      My Mother in Law has severe dementia Myles. She is 94. She showed early signs about 4 years ago. There is no one I know who lived a cleaner life. Low fat diet, ran and medaled in her age group many races including two or three NYC Marathons. Even had a short appearance in a Nike TV commercial and honored at a NYRR gala event. Played tennis too. Nevertheless here she is and she doesn’t know my wife, her own daughter. I read this article and I have read so many articles connecting diet and exercise to cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc. I think it’s case by case and random. I’m not in any way saying we shouldn’t eat well, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. In the end for many of us it comes down to genetics and the unknowns in the genome.
      Well there’s genetics and then there’s epigenetics.

Sorry to hear about your mother-in law. There’s a lot of interesting observations about aging and diseases — like cancer being a disease of aging too. Suffice it to say perhaps her lifestyle prevented the onset until a later age too.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

At 62 genetics is my about 75 % of what will be. Again my guess.
        Mom 96 passed she outlived two husbands 3 boyfriends
        all 11 siblings
        all else on my dads side too.
        My dad died at 56 same age as my only sibling in fact most of his side went fast too.
        If had to do it over again now as it's now available a genetic test for predisposition effects. Why I could have exercised less and did more of what I like lol.
        analog stuff.
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
        sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
        thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
        kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
        phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
        X