Today Was A Good Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Was A Good Day

Got my first Covid shot. Followup booster shot on the 29th!

Hope others that are eligible have been able to schedule theirs. Time to get back to some semblance of normality and audio shows! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210301_141345.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	150166
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Iā€™m 63...ineligible, even though I have heart issues. Very much looking forward to getting this crap over with.
    Avalon Time, Walker Proscenium, Koetsu Coralstone, Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, Goldfinger Statement, Dalby record weight, Kondo KSL-SFz step-up, Jadis JP80-MC...heavily modified, Convergent Audio JL-2 Black Path, Sony NS999 ES Modwright modded, full loom High Fidelity Ultimate cables, Rel S-5 sub, Stillpoints ultra and 5's, Shun Mook, Dalby footers, Critical Mass bases, Acoustic System Resonators, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Telefunkens throughout, assorted fuses, Furutech outlets, PurePower conditioner.

Comment

Got my second dose last week. My arm was really sore and I felt pretty crappy the next day, but Tylenol did the trick. Hopefully the US will be in good enough condition to have shows by end of year. Will there be enough time and low enough risk to schedule RMAF?
      Speakers/Amps: Genesis G2.2 Jr with Powered Servo-Sub Bass, Genesis GR1440 Mono Amps, 5,000 watts total power
      Preamp: SMc Audio VRE-1C Preamp (fully balanced inputs and output)
      Phono 1: VPI Prime Signature Belt-Drive Turntable with 10ā€ 3D Printed Uni-pivot Arm and Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti Phono Cartridge driving Lehmann Decade Phono Preamp
      Phono 2: VPI HW-40 Direct-Drive Turntable with 12ā€ 3D Printed Fat Boy Gimbal Arm and Ortofon MC Anna Diamond Phono Cartridge driving Genesis Gold Phono Preamp
      R2R Tape: Studer A810 with Bridge Console
      Digital: Battery Powered Laptop running software on SSD, Music Files on USB SSD, and playback by JRMC. USB interface to M2Tech Young DAC
      Cables: Genesis Advanced Technologies/Absolute Fidelity Interface Interconnects, Speaker, Phono and Power
      Power: Audio-Ultra Power System, IsoTek Super Titan Passive Power Conditioning for Amplifiers
      Accessories: Custom Acrylic Equipment Stands, Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

• Slowgeezr
        Slowgeezr commented
        Editing a comment
        I sure hope so. I get my second shot March 8. Looking forward to RMAF this year!

Congrats. Got my first Pfizer 2/24, one week ago. Seems like NJ was way behind NY in availability based on my age vs. yours. Some of my oldest friends from high school who live in NYC, obviously the same age, got their second doses weeks ago.

Still, I was elated to know that the process had started. Please continue to be vigilant and follow the CDC guidelines so we can really return to some sort of normalcy Let's not fuck it up by not caring for each other!
      Main System:Thales Compact Turntable and Thales Simplicity Tonearm, Ortofon A95, Musical FidelityM6 Vinyl Phono Stage, Vinyl Nirvana TD160 Super with Jelco 850 Tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Cambridge Azur Universal Disc Player, Blusound Vault 2i, Apple Airport Express, Mytek Liberty DAC, Cary Audio CAD-300SEI (All tubes rolled),Pure Audio Project Quintet 15s with Voxative AC-PiFe, Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones, PS Audio PP12.

Comment

I was in the first group 75+ after health care workers and convalescent home residents and workers. So I got my second shot three weeks ago. We have a local organization of seniors (or older adults) which we worked to get the vaccine to all of them. The average age is 82, so we are in the most vulnerable population. We had many comments about the palpable sense of relief that they felt upon getting the first shot - and now almost all have had their second shots (mostly Pfizer, but also some had Moderna). Maximum immunity is reached about 2 weeks after the second shot.

Since there are new variants which seem to be more contagious and may even be more virulent, the CDC has advised that wearing two masks, including a lighter surgical mask plus a three play mask will give a level of protection on the order of having the second dose of the vaccine when going out in the world. Since the vaccine seems to be effective at 94%, it still means a 1 in 20 chance that you can get the virus even after both shots. Our organization has about 225 members, so that means about a dozen could get the virus if exposed without additional protection, even after getting the vaccine. At our age, even having a moderate case can be serious, since almost all of us have other comorbitities. So wearing the double mask (a three ply mask over a thin surgical mask) when engaging with others, seems very prudent.

There is too much beautiful music that we would miss!

Be safe,

Larry

Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
        Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
        Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
        Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
        Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
        Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
        Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Working...
        X