Juicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicing

this seems to be a fairly new health aide and in some ways it's a modern version fast food intake.
    I have two machines I use to create the juices
    one is a power full blender
    the other is a cintrifical device used to separate the fiber or pulp from the liquid.
    After doing some reading this is complex as to what happens.
    One point is jhicing is quickly put into our body but if sweet it is plenty of sugar fast not good for most.
    When removing the fiber we have left liquid that contains many nutrients. I make no claim at knowing plenty about this topic. I very much would like others input.
    A term smoothie is when you have all of the contents
    when I make juices I freeze the fiber for smoothies.
    Juicing and smoothies are eating live food
    live food is the most heathy to eat. Now one concern I have with this modern way of eating is a mass amount of food in one sitting. Non gmo or gmo both contain high amounts of nutrients Ina fast food way. If we make it and drink there is many live aspects of this. Another device used is a cold press this removes even more of pulp or fiber. What we put in besides vegitibles and fruits matters to. Spices like tumerick or ginger and many others.
    One rule I have read is of a vegitble has power flavor like kale it's good for you.
    Adding a green Apple or carrots or fruits makes setting horrbke tasting veggies ok to drink.
    Please add to this post with the vast knowledge we have here.
    Thanks in advance
    analog stuff.
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

One more concept. I do drink plenty of water but I do perfure it to be flavored. So I use an lemon , or apple
    but I also use those flavor bottles and squirt some in the water. I know that stuff is loaded with BAD stuff as I get told by the woman who works for me.
    Anyway I feel there is good to be had with a little bad in some ways.
    It is important for my mental condition to injest protein
    antioxidants and fish oils and minerals as supplements
    meaning high dioaes of them.
    So with my morning vitimins I make a shake or filtered water , protein powder and a non gmo fruit and berg for powder. This gives me a big boost in clarity
    what protein we use is another topic I would love to post about as well. And also protein powder is added to my smoothies. My hope is of simple water made such s splash of optinions let's see what this topic does.

My ten year old has a low count of an enzyme for one of the four types of sugars sucrate is what he adds to each potion of what he eats.
    This all ties in with food and nutrition in my eating of many new veggies and spices I kept waiting for some bad reaction. I never had any.

Again i thank myles for allowing this off topic in his forums
    and acquiring through his reputation a very kind and intelligent forums membership. . My hope as I may seem odd or mean
    its never meant to be. Honesty be it right or wrong is what I want to be always.
    Thanks in advance for all posting.
    analog stuff.
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    Dacs lampi various

Comment

Al
      A subject that I have some knowledge of, as you are aware I have been a Vegan/ Vegetarian for over 42 years. ( I have walked the walk )What you do not know is that I also was a raw food enthusiast for many years ( now only 50 % of my diet is raw food ) I also started the first Vegan Rest. in Miami in 1977 I have been credited the moniker of "Originator of the Organic Smoothie", ( actually they were blending them in Jamaica from just fruit and ice long before me ) I also started a chain of smoothie bars for my youngest daughter in 2006 called Paradise Smoothie. The plan was to Franchise the concept. I had a contract with the YMCA in Broward County to install one in each facility, I had two up and running with the flagship store in Tamarac, then the recession hit and for some reason people felt that a $6 smoothie was a luxury, the excuse was that they could get a Mc Meal for the same money ( I am always amazed at Human reasoning ) I am still writing off the losses.

I do not claim to be a nutritionist, or have their knowledge, I have studied and practiced for many years the ancient diet of Ayurvedic.
      A fruit or vegetable is nutritionally best when you consume every part of it. Skin, pulp and juice , Vegetable Juicing came about for cleansing because of its concentration. Smoothies are a complete meal, it is best to keep all food as a mono diet , I never mix Fruit and Veges together, we only used compatible fruits in our blends, one sample is the Paradise Smoothie which consists of Coconut milk or pure coconut water, banana, mango and papaya ( all tropical and same harvest time) I am not sure that a nutritionist will agree, but this is a complete food. The Mono diet is that you eat one type of food during its harvest period that grows in the same region that you live, if you are an Eskimo you should be eating Whale Blubber, W/O the mushroom gravy and potatoes. ( this is why I could never live in Alaska)

The concept of a cold press vs centrifugal press was started by a man named Norwalk, I believe that he was a Bio Physicist, I had been to a seminar of his in the early 70s and he claimed that using a centrifugal juicer killed many of the enzymes by the heat that it created, this is the reason that you need to drink the juice immediately otherwise it will be dead in 15 minutes time ( heat kills ) on the other hand when you use the hydraulic cold press it will last for 3 to 5 days W/O losing it nutritional value and the yield is 20 to 30 % greater with more enzyme and mineral content. All of the bottled juices in the stores are dead by the pasteurization process.

Water is the best juice as long as it is pure, ( we are 70 % water ) you started that thread earlier and there was a lot of feed back, with day and night opinions.
      We will see if anyone else has info to add, this is one of my favorite subjects. You are on the right track and I admire your tenacity.

Comment

What you posted is about what I remember reading about.
        My worker says the juice should be drank as made not later as you state. The spinning juicer I don't get how it makes any heat it's so fast at what it does. I did read about the cold press good for days. She makes them for me at the end of the day with diner waiting when I get there. I just best it up. The justices are in the fridge over night. At times I make it myself in the morning and when she gets there it's all cleaned up.
        I did read some are better with others. And this goes into complications I would like to know butmay not do anyway.
        She says complete foods as you do. She is a certified neutristionest. A smart woman really I just don't do as she says lol. There is no doubt of increase well being if I do as she says , energy and thought.
        I have felt for many years my thoughts have slowed down
        I have been diagnosed with ADHD as such back to better nutrition. It's tough to do as two different thoughts of health collide. Med dr says protein , fish oils and and antioxidants. Also some minerals this collides with juicing first thing. So I do what I steed and drink the juice for later in the morning. And the smoothie after lunch. All increase energy. Now correct me if I am wrong a whole fruit and vegtble meal with all contents takes energy to digist and a juice is more instant ?
        As for money melt does. Yea it's why I voted for Obama lol twice and now trump. We all have been effected by 2008 no doubt. And your theory in food is correct but no one thinks a smoothie is a meal lol. We do but not many of us.
        analog stuff.
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

The force of the spinning creates the heat, the next time you juice after you are finished feel the pulp and you will notice the temp difference.
          I always look at and analyze the health of the person giving me advice on diet, Most of the time I find it hilarious.

Comment

This woman is in great shape goes to the gym
            mediates and eats well. I go in and out of focus on food and nutrition. What if I chill the fruits and veggies a bit
            also why is a cold press make the juice last longer and do we still have to consider the combinations
            analog stuff.
            Dacs lampi various

Comment

Yes chilling slows the effect, following the mono philosophy has nothing to do with the juicing it is about the digestive process.
              The cold press does not masticate the Veges, it uses pressure to force the juice from the vege w/o the pulp, there is no need to strain the juice as it is only juice. A cold press is not compatible in a home environment as you would make gallons of it at a time.

Comment

Yes it's why I did not spend 2or 3 k on one. It's slow and very messy to clean. I know the digestion process needs separates but almost no one does this. Or chew enough to allow the enzymes in our mouth to do it's job. But my point was is there better and worse mixes to use. I have read the the woman has told some stuff just is not good together and fruits and veggies is a no go
                analog stuff.
                Dacs lampi various

Comment

Yes! The mixture of fruits and Veges being the worst combo, and certain fats, I can not speak on the animal products, as you well know, to me there is not a good combination of these.

Comment

The proteins are from whey I think. So veggie. The fruits are not much of any. Carrots help flavor and a granny apple maybe if the kale is really lousey.
                    The she adds various spices to make it have bit. She claims spices speed up the body. I don't know but a good juice that is about 32 ounces is like a double expreso and u don't crash just a slow decline.
                    Now smoothies are both for sure
                    berries and other fruits and frozen pulp from juices
                    they are over 32 ozs and very filling but don't boost like a juice does.

Regarding meats ill bet there is plenty bad of many sorts but I love it. I am now 60 been very healthy all of my life
                    my blood work is fantastic as my insides are.
                    Funny I am so healthy and yet terminal.
                    You can say it's the food. But my mom lasted into 96. She ate garbage had no issues and outlived two husbands and a boyfriend
                    she outlived all of her siblings all 12 and did the same on both sides of the family. So where do I fit in
                    well my dad and my only sibling both died at 56 of multiple cancers
                    my brother had cancer four times before he passed
                    he ate pure garbage all of his life. Loved all meats
                    and cold cuts lol. Massively over weight.
                    But fine till the last cancer got him. You can say water and foods are poisened and I do my best for my ten year old
                    having said that we each have to live a non deprived life
                    of what we each feel is good and wanted.
                    I do in all aspects of my life. No extremes not in audio or any other aspects. The juicing is a good thing but living my life my way is even better.
                    So I have posted about scotch , water and juicing wow. Are the collective here Brite and I love learning.

One last sat question why is fruits and veggies bad ? She says the same but why. One of the powders I use is fruits and veggies non gmo 32 kinds it says.
                    Is powder ok or a complete waist ?
                    analog stuff.
                    Dacs lampi various

Comment

I'd rather chew my calories....

Comment

The reasons for not mixing fruits and veges is because of the problems with the digestive process,most fruits are rapid energy, simple sugars, they digest in a very short time,most vegetables take considerably longer because they need to be broken down into sugars , the stomach now has the task of digesting one type of energy at a different time rate, by the time this has happened the simpler foods are already passing out of the stomach, it is like mixing milk and orange juice as a drink, it doesn't blend very well and while the orange juice has already left the stomach the milk has just curdled, although plenty of people do it. The major cause of heartburn and acid reflex is improper food combinations, but now they have pills to solve the problem before it occurs toy take one a day every day .Today people do not even know that they have an issue.

As far as the combinations of super fruit/vege cure all powders I would consider most of those claims the same as some outlandish audiophile claim of snake oil.
                        IMHO
                        Nothing is better for you than whole fresh food, pure water, clean air, complete rest, and a dog.

Comment

Working...
                        X