The greatest threat to our health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest threat to our health?

Latest meta-analyses study that is pretty robust from BYU: Loneliness one of the greatest threats to our health... A true public health crisis and will only get worse with each generation. This is a constant struggle and I'm sure I'm not alone.. Researchers believe loneliness is so deadly because it can lead to a number of issues, including disrupted sleep patterns, high levels of stress hormones, increased inflammation, and worsening immune systems. Any one of those risk factors puts people at a greater risk for disease and life-threatening injury.

Based on the evidence, Holt-Lunstad doesn't think the loneliness problem is going away anytime soon. The latest AARP Loneliness Study found 42.6 million adults over the age of 45 suffer from chronic loneliness. With an aging baby boomer population, that number is expected to rise in the coming decades.

food for thought
    Research is increasingly finding that loneliness is an epidemic in many countries around the world, and technology is partly to blame.

And that is why God gave us Dogs, if you have a dog you will never be lonely, I am sorry Myles but cats just won't do.

Comment

greatest threat to our health? and here I thought it was a sedentary lifestyle and a poor diet. regardless if it's cats or dogs recent studies show that pet owners don't live longer than non-pet owners. there's no substitute for human interaction for which I could suggest a hundred possibilities starting with joining a charitable organization. excuses I can't help you with, Tony Robbins, et al have a cure for that

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        greatest threat to our health? and here I thought it was inactivity and a poor diet. regardless if it's cats or dogs recent studies show that pet owners don't live longer than non-pet owners. there's no substitute for human interaction for which I could suggest a hundred possibilities starting with joining a charitable organization. excuses I can't help you with, Tony Robbins, et al have a cure for that
        It is all relative and it should not be taken so seriously, the studies that I have read do indeed show that pet owners are happier in their later years, and I can attest to that. That is why dogs are used at Alzheimer facilities to comfort the patients, they are also being used in hospitals to comfort the terminally ill. My mother suffered from that horrible disease and the one thing that would bring her out of that abyss was when we brought her dog to see her, her eyes would light up and seem to come alive again, there is a reason that Dog is God spelled backwards.

Comment

LOL! And here we are - audiophiles - who primarily listen solo and you're telling us we need to have friends and social connections? What's up with that?

It's very true. Social connections are the most important thing to keep you happy and healthy in your "golden years" for a longer life. Having a pet is better than nothing and at least if you walk your dog out around your neighborhood you'll meet some new friends. People who are married live longer, too.
          Thiel 7.2s, Manley NeoClassic 250s, Wadia 850, MIT Oracle V3 speaker cables, MIT MI-350 Oracle interconnects, Black Diamond Racing Shelves and Cones in a dedicated room with ASC Tube Traps, Room Tunes and 3 X 20 amp dedicated circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            greatest threat to our health? and here I thought it was a sedentary lifestyle and a poor diet. regardless if it's cats or dogs recent studies show that pet owners don't live longer than non-pet owners. there's no substitute for human interaction for which I could suggest a hundred possibilities starting with joining a charitable organization. excuses I can't help you with, Tony Robbins, et al have a cure for that
            Nope, can't have pets...they cause global warming: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ping-pets.html

Comment

dying alone in our treated rooms - LOL

Comment

Wow and I love being alone what else am I doing wrong in my rotten stinking life. Hahaha
                for me and Neil degrasse Tyson said Ina show it's food and also erictile disfucntion and pills we take to counter it

what a combo right. Food he said is number one as gmo is not food anyone has ever consumed on this planet
                we Eat it and feed our anaimals with it that we in turn Eat.
                Shocking as he explained it he felt nothing we do matters more than the non Food source most consume

second he felt was taking pills to have sex later in life and for some who cannot otherwise. What a joy kill this was.
                His reasoning was simple it was going around the natural selection process. Better known for dummies like me thinning the Hurd. An old person gets ran over at a busy intersection is one sign.
                As science increases our life and its quality we are once again messing with this process
                analog stuff.
                otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
                otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
                sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
                new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
                thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
                thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
                kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
                phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
                speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
                mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
                digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
                Dacs lampi various

Comment

Have a child later in life....
                  Steve

Studer Enthusiast

Comment

Lol yes I have a ten year old 😳
                    analog stuff.
                    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
                    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
                    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
                    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
                    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
                    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
                    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
                    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
                    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
                    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
                    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
                    Dacs lampi various

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Palmai View Post
                      Have a child later in life....
                      I left that up to my four daughters, I have seven Grandchildren, they keep me quite busy with their activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
                        dying alone in our treated rooms - LOL
                        With our dog and beloved vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by jazdoc View Post

Nope, can't have pets...they cause global warming: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ping-pets.html
                          Not true, it is man's desire to be a carnivore which is the biggest issue for global warming, think about all that methane gas from factory farms.

Comment

Originally posted by mkuller View Post
                            LOL! And here we are - audiophiles - who primarily listen solo and you're telling us we need to have friends and social connections? What's up with that?

It's very true. Social connections are the most important thing to keep you happy and healthy in your "golden years" for a longer life. Having a pet is better than nothing and at least if you walk your dog out around your neighborhood you'll meet some new friends. People who are married live longer, too.
                            Only the wife lives longer, she is usually younger by a few years Ha-Ha in my case 12

Comment

Working...
                            X