Mission Control Houston: Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Control Houston: Restored!

Thought this piece might be of interest, the old NASA mission control center has been restored to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing. I'll probably try to visit at some point, since it's not so far from me now: https://www.apnews.com/12556818033a470d823168a37f57ed6c

Ground Control to Major Tom
    Ground Control to Major Tom
    Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
    Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
    Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
    Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)

Comment

Now that is cool..!
      Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Originally posted by kcin View Post
        Now that is cool..!
        I figured that would appeal to somebody with retro sensibilities -- definitely worth a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post

I figured that would appeal to somebody with retro sensibilities -- definitely worth a visit.
          I read the article earlier today and they went through painstaking measures to duplicate the wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpet, and even the ashtrays. Too bad they went with flat screen displays on the consoles. Still really cool to try and bring that vibe back.
          SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

I visited there two years ago. My first thought, after absorbing the history of the room, was how small the room was. After working in the National Computer Center, in West Virginia, seeing this place really shows how far computing and information sharing has advanced. It still boggles my mind how we were able to land men on the moon with such low powered computers with which to work.

Comment

Bill, very cool. this is prob old news to most of you, the documentary released last Spring celebrating the 50th anniv of the moon walk. A lot of the 70mm film footage came from NASA's archives and not seen before. It's not to be missed, esp if this kinda stuff fascinates you.

The soundtrack by Matt Morton is sublime, it was released last week on vinyl, its def worth checking out.

Linn Kilmax LP12 | Bakoon Japan | Innuos | Klipsch Cornwall IV

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Bill, very cool. this is prob old news to most of you, the documentary released last Spring celebrating the 50th anniv of the moon walk. A lot of the 70mm film footage came from NASA's archives and not seen before. It's not to be missed, esp if this kinda stuff fascinates you.

The soundtrack by Matt Morton is sublime, it was released last week on vinyl, its def worth checking out.

Thanks, Rob. Will check out both.

Comment

• EdAInWestOC
                  EdAInWestOC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ditto...thanks
              Working...
              X