Apple iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple iphone

Anyone getting the new iphones this year?
    Explore iPhone, the world's most powerful personal device. Check out the new iPhone XS and iPhone XR.

Yes I own now a iPhone 6s it’s the third one. Two replaced due to malfunction. Buying the iPhone XS plus
    hoping it works better and more consistent.
    The partial list of wrongs of this one
    sound while ina call makes me sound like minmouse and they sound like droop a long
    it comes and goes no matter what is playing the sound
    touch screen when touched pics previous calls on the screen not what I touch again random
    when makikg attachments it freezes going to next screen to select way to send. Text , email , what’s up and others
    this is a partial list and each phone was reformed several times back to a new phones software.
    analog stuff.
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Comment

• genlove
      genlove commented
      Editing a comment
      wow, was it within a short period of time that your phones went out?

I have been using an iPhone for a lot of years now. My current iPhone is my trusty iPhone 6s+ with 128GB RAM. I'll get a new one when my old one develops a problem.

I heard a statistic on the radio the other day.. They did a survey on the new iPhone and the survey was a question as to whether you would go into debt to get the new iPhone.

Over 60% of the people surveyed said yes. Now there is something wrong with people who will go into debt for a phone.

It has turned into a piece of our lives that now has control over our lives. People who will go into debt to acquire a new iPhone have a problem.

Ed
    Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
    https://www.edsstuff.org

Analog: VPI Prime TT w/Walnut Plinth, HRX Pulley + 3 Belt Drive + ADS Speed Ctrl, 3D Dual Pivot Assy, Tru Lift
    Analog 2: Ortofon Windfeld Ti + Bob's Devices VPI Sky 30 Stepup Transformer + Liberty Audio B2B-1 Phono Preamp, Stereo Squares Dust Cover
    Digital: TASCAM UH-7000 High-res USB Interface, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai Universal Disc Player, NAD C448 Internet Radio/Streamer
    Digital 2: Digital Audio Workstation (Toshiba P75-A7200 w/MS Windows 10, 24GB RAM, 1.5 TB Crucial MX300 SSD Internal Storage, Intel i7-4700MQ Processor)

Amp: Rogue RP-9 Line Preamp, Schiit Loki Tone Ctrls, Parasound A21 Power Amp
    Speakers: Magnepan MMC2, Magnepan DW-M Planar Woofer, REL T9/i Subwoofer
    Headphones: Stax Lambda Pro + SRM 1 MK II, Focal Clear + Schiit Lyr 2
    Wires: Kimber Hero ICs, Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables, AQ Leopard Phono IC, Pangea Silver USB Cables, StraightWire Expressivo ICs
    Power: Furman Elite 15 PFi

Comment

• genlove
      genlove commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what i have too, debating if it's worthwhile for an upgrade, the camera features are tempting though..

• mkuller
      mkuller commented
      Editing a comment
      Going into debt for an iPhone means paying another $30 a month on your phone bill.

It's the way most people buy phones today.

Probably, I have the 6,but Intend to wait a bit to see if there are any glitches with the Xs.
    Speakers, Wilson Audio Sasha 2's; line stage, ARC Ref 6; phono pre ARC Ref 3; Amplifier, ARC Ref 75 SE; turntable, Dr. Feickert Firebird with a Kuzma 14 inch 4 pt and Transfiguration Proteus; CD player Ayre C 5 xe; tuner, Magnum Dynalab MD109 SE; Dr. Feickert Analogue CBPS; Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; Transparent Audio Isolator 8; Transparent Super cables and IC's; and a Atocha Designs Record Cabinet

Comment

I get my iphones for free. Those of you have adult children should ask them whether they are changing to the new iphones. Mine did a couple of years ago (I think to a 7). She gave me her 6S Plus. I got it unlocked. With my xfinity account, I get phone service for $2 per month plus a little data for using Uber or Lyft or checking an occasiona email outside. Otherwise I use the phone at home where I connect to our internet. Works fine and is almost free to operate.

Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• genlove
        genlove commented
        Editing a comment
        wow, same phone as mines, Larry!

They have facial recognition as a safety feature for turning the iphone on, what if someone use your face to open your phone while you are asleep?

Comment

• mkuller
        mkuller commented
        Editing a comment
        Better than cutting off your thumb to open the older ones.

• Garth
        Garth commented
        Editing a comment
        what in the name of do you keep on your phone that is that much concern

I'm a dinosaur, I don't have a cell phone at all. Just an old school landline.

Comment

• DetroitVinylRob
        DetroitVinylRob commented
        Editing a comment
        and connecting with us through a modem?

• Audioraven
        Audioraven commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha Ha! I do have high speed interwebs courtesy of Verizon's abandoned California fiber optic network, now known as Frontier FIOS.

My 6s finally would not hold a charge so I got a 8 plus. Love it and my old aging eyes like it as well.
      Chris
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

For the new XS MAX now. And I learned a few things on the way.
        New phone and a bit different no home button.
        But what learned was apple care verses insureon what I have had for years
        apple care is a real iPhone always it seems only apple certified parts and such.
        Insurion sorry if it’s misswplled is not apple verified
        so two replacement iPhone 6s Plus phones later I now know why the same issues remained
        money major issue is this.
        Touch acreen becomes instable so one thing it does is tough a it dials f in names
        never knew why other then the digital screen was bad. It’s not just the a screen I was told it’s also the chipset too.
        Apple care gives a new or verifies the whole phone
        they don’t. They can use what ever after market parts they wish. So like airbags bad parts must go somewhere lol.
        analog stuff.
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Well after reading this thread my iPhone 6 s started having problems taking a charge and holding it once charged it is bent and has been dropped so no surprise it is done.

My plan will not support replacing it with a iPhone x so unless i upgrade my plan which suits me fine to a higher dollar plan no new phone of any kind.

So I looked at buying a unlocked phone WOW Iphone x in Canada is 2 grand plus tax so 2,260 for a phone.

So I have a 205,000 rewards points on my visa card you need 250,000 to buy a iPhone x max with the 500 and some memory i had 250 memory on the old one and it was 70% full

So all my points plus 405 dollars came up on the screen but at check out that jumped to 675 dollars the tax you know .

For better or worse I have on order 2 to 3 weeks away a iPhone X max with 500 memory .

I got my contacts list off my old phone and 2,000 plus pictures moved to my mac book air

Was it worth it not a chance but I am in the apple world so I pay to stay.

I am sure it is a good phone and more than I need but I use it every day so i will get the best they have at this point in time.

Apple is easy to use and good gear but not cheap to buy.

Comment

Garth.......Points aren't worth a thing unless you use them, so all things considered getting an iPhone Xs Max with 512GB of memory for $675.00 is a decent deal. This new phone will make you wonder why you kept the iPhone 6 for so long. Let us know how you like it once it arrives.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1121659.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	98227
            Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE with SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
            LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 MkIII (2), MR85, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

Comment

• Garth
              Garth commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats how I felt about the points they can go away if you wait to long .

675.00 is still a lot for a phone but it is also a decent Camera a watch and whole bunch of things I may never use.

I liked the screen a lot better picture and your right points like money is a promise of value not of any value unless you buy something of value with it.

I have a plan for the phones getting new models or costing me 41 per month and it’s oaid off in two years
            traded in my iPhone 6s too that got me I think 150 or two hundred as well. Paid for new case and partial twards the new one so less than 41 per moth
            analog stuff.
            Dacs lampi various

Comment

I have an LG flipphone......original battery, does everything I need.....over 10 years old....looking forward to the Bar-Mitzvah.

Comment

Working...
              X